Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Stock Turbo will I max a 40PSI gauge?

3K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  tex25025 
#1 ·
I currently have the gauges from my 7.3 that I want to install in my 6.0 but I know the 30psi gauge isnt going to cut it.

In the eventual future when I go to 190cc injectors and stage 2 water/meth what pressures would I be expecting? I have no plans on ever going bigger on the turbo, and if I do I can suck up buying a 60psi gauge. But will I ever see over 40 psi with a said above 190cc and water/meth?

Kinda need to know ASAP so I can order the parts here tonight.

#3 · (Edited)
I just dont like to have a gauge that I am never going to use 1/2 the scale. :dunno: If 190cc and water/meth arent going to ever push the stock turbo over 40psi its kinda a waste. :dunno: If for some reason I win the lottery and buy a turbo for 2-3K then $50 isnt going to mean anything then. :dunno:

Are you tuned? With my SCT on extreme race I am running 27psi and it tapers out to 20psi when it shifts. (this is all off the Lariat boost gauge in the cluster)

#4 ·
i put an 03 turbo on my truck when my HO went in for an update. I hit 39psi with erics extreme street he made for that setup. i had a 30psi guage on there for awhile and i would peg it out so it made me feel good lol. now i have the 60psi guage and i sold my 30. just put yours up for sale and buy a new one.

#5 ·
i can dang near bury my 0-35 gauge with stock sticks and cales extreme 140, i would just get the 60 to be safe, unless someone says youll be fine with the 40, but you cant be sure, i wouldnt wanna get a the 40 and install it, and then be pegging it out...

#6 ·
i have a 40psi gauge and i hit around 36-37, i wish i went for the 60 just because i want to upgrade to turbo down the road, the meth didnt give me any more boost, i dont have bigger sticks per say but i dont hit 40 on my stock turbo thats for sure

#7 ·
Ok guys thanks that gives me some relative #s to work with. Suprisingly the 60 psi gauge is $1.00 cheaper!!! So thats what I am going to go with.

Really what I was worried about is I put the 60 psi gauge on the truck then I sit there contemplating with myself " man now I wish I could peg this gauge" and end up having a $50 gauge make a $3k decision for me. :doh::hehe:

#10 ·
Isspro goes 15 30 40 60 80 psi boost gauges.

#13 ·
OK so with sticks I am going to be right around 40psi so I am going to go 60 in case there ever is a spike above I want to know what it is. :thumb:

#14 ·
wow, i'm only pushing 29-30psi in 5th gear on Xtreme Street, then she drops to around 20-22 through the rpms.

#19 ·
60 PSI ISSPRO gauge ordered through dieselmanor.com with my 10% "Chair Force" military discount. :thumb:

#20 ·
You can see upper 50s without having to go to a duel setup(or sequential whatever the case my be).

#21 ·
correct me if im wrong but with 190 sticks you will need at minimum a turbowheel upgrade or there will be hella egts to pay for it? i know you said water meth but geez seems like you would have to watch it and keep it full... the turbo seems like it is gonna be a must right?

#22 ·
correct me if im wrong but with 190 sticks you will need at minimum a turbowheel upgrade or there will be hella egts to pay for it?

That is very true. I know when I first got my 150s and I hadn't done my turbo at the time, I had the 1600 pyro gauge pegged out not 5 minutes after I left Bean's and I was hardly doing anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.