Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

A good tow tune

848 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  JimboJames 
#1 ·
Where can I get a good SCT tow tune for my truck. I am taking a road trip this summer and towing a vehicle down to NC from PA. It is mostly flat and I need to try to get the best MPG. My goal is 14 if I can get that towing I will be happy.

#2 ·
If you don't already have custom tunes on your Xcal3 now would be a good time to upgrade. I'd recommend giving Innovative diesel a call. You can buy just one tune if that's all you want, but your best value will be to get a standard package of 3 for not much more money. Talk to Eric or Ted about what exactly you want and what mods you currently have, they'll set you up. Also if you call the shop leave a voicemail with a call back number. They almost never answer the phone on the first try. It's a small family business and they generally let the voice mail take it and they WILL call you back, usually within an hour or 2.

#3 · (Edited)
pending on the weight of the car, and trailer you could use the street tune for light towing, I tow a 6x12 low boy 10000gvw, filled with contruction debris, with Eric agressive tow tune with no problems, Egt are usually around 800-1200 pending on grades. City towing maybe 10-11 mpg, havent really had it out on turnpike..Any kind of tune is beeter than stock.........Just call Eric or Ted an they will take care of you

#6 ·
3x :thumb:

#7 ·
I know 14mpg is pushing it. I know I can close to 20 on the highway empty at 65mph. The car is an xterra so there the areos suck. I towed my Jeep and got 12-13 up here with the hills of PA. I was running the tow setting on my SCT. It was the only canned tune I have used. I currently run the spartan tunes. Anyone use the tow tune. I would like to by some tunes but funds are pretty tight right now. I just my straight pipe and I am getting married in Oct. I maybe to swing Cales price. I would to try the innovative tunes but they are a little salty more me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.