Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Gutted my kitty this AM!!!

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  TxOutlaw 
#1 ·
Gettin ready for the tuner so I gutted the kitty, now I need to order my muffler delete pipe!

Didn't notice much of an improvement performance wise, prolly cause the stock muffler is still intact... I guess the muffler is just as restrictive as the cat...

:D

Question... If I order a tip, what size fits over the 3.5"?? 4" OD or ID??? Or something different??

#2 ·
i got a 4" ID from magnaflow and it was a bit big on my 4" piping

#4 ·
yeah the 4" will be so big on stock piping you wont be able to crack a bead, unless your going clamp on then you might get it to work, i would go with a 3.5" diameter to 5-6" out if they have that, are you getting full exhaust anytime?

#6 ·
Youll like the stock straight pipe!! but if your planning on a tuner anytime, i would toss out the extra bucks and get the full t/b kit, your stock downpipe is pretty restrictive with the unnecessary bends and kinks in it, she needs to breath!!!

As for the tip, only advantage to a clamp on that i can think of is you can take it off to polish and clean it? but i personally dont like the clamp on look at all, weld on looks so much more clean!!

#8 ·
not tons no, just a little lower egt's but youll be fine with the 3.5" straight pipe, and you will LOVE the sound!!

#11 ·
there should be a double hanger right after the muffler, maybe different on the 05?

#12 ·
TxOutlaw: I ddidnt get back to you about giving a sound demo, because my truck is still at the dealer till monday. Motor is back together, but the cab still needs to be lowered and connected. Did you run the truck around with just the Gutted Cat? Thats pretty much all my truck is.

The VGT Turbo barks alot more when tuned than stock form also.

#13 ·
To tell ya the truth, these dang cepek tires I have are so loud I didn't notice any drone... I do notice a slight increase of air intake and whistle tho... All good thus far! Ordered the delete pipe last night so that'll be next...

No Prob on meetin up, the price is just right on that mod anyway, drone or no drone!!! :D

Will have to look closer for a hanger... I may just leave stock exit for now, not sure if I wanna dress up the exit at more of an angle or dump it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.