Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

My TURBO is bad.

967 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bluwolf57 
#1 ·
I just found out today when the dealer pulled codes, that my Turbo and VGT are bad. I have never changed one before but I'm willing to give it a shot. Does anyone know if I should try to find one on here and replace mine with it or rebuild mine, and whichever way I go is there anything I need to buy when I put the next one in? My truck is a 03 F250 all stock, 113k.

#2 ·
dont know what to tell on wether rebuilding yours or getting a new one but i did take the turbo off my 03 6.0. Its not near as bad as it looks, the hardest bolt to get to is the back bolt on the mounting bracket on the turbo. The other ones arnt extremly easy but its not bad. Goodluck

#3 ·
What exactly is wrong with it? From doing nothing but pulling codes I would think they are only reading a bad sensor. You would know from driving it if the turbo was toast.

#4 ·
#5 ·
What's wrong is, when I'm driving down the highway at like 70-75 and accelerate to pass someone, the truck starts bucking and puffing out black smoke everytime it bucks and I get poping through the turbo. Also when I accelerate hard to get on the highway it does the samething. The dealer found codes that says the VGT is bad and inturn messed up the veins in the turbo, they say thery are binding.

#6 ·
check your email!

I sent you an email since you cant read PMs! Let me know what you think! -Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.