sct xtreem street turbo lag - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 05:49 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sct xtreem street turbo lag

Has any one experienced turbo lag after egr delete and sct custom tunes. The main thing I liked about the 6.0 was that it had instant turbo response with the variable turbo
but after the egr delete I got a code and was told the Turbo was in a locked in a none variable position and that the Sct tuner would fix it . Dont get me wrong the truck has great power and speed off the line . But at 20 are 30 it has a bad turbo lag not the instant response it had stock is this normal Truck runs good just miss the instant turbo at all speeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

there will always be lag. at 20 or 30 your turbo is not really making any boost so thats why it takes a sec to go.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:29 PM

Never had the lag before the egr delete plus my mpg went from 19 to 12 IF you do the egr delete just be prepaired for the lag and mpg loss.
Sct can delete the code but cant override the EPA mode the truck goes in. If your truck overheats when you tow egr delete may be your only option. But you will loss fuel mileage. LOTS OF FUEL MILEAGE If I wasnt towing and just had a cowboy cadillac I would leave the egr hooked up you could pay to have it repaired with the fuel savings.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:53 AM

Maybe you should talk to whoever wrote the tunes. My IDP tunes are a bit quirky when the truck is cold but when it warms up I don't notice any more turbo lag than normal. Usually by 20-30 mph I'm trying to keep it from getting sideways on me! :burnout
Old 03-25-2009, 10:16 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankat1 View Post
Never had the lag before the egr delete plus my mpg went from 19 to 12 IF you do the egr delete just be prepaired for the lag and mpg loss.
Sct can delete the code but cant override the EPA mode the truck goes in. If your truck overheats when you tow egr delete may be your only option. But you will loss fuel mileage. LOTS OF FUEL MILEAGE If I wasnt towing and just had a cowboy cadillac I would leave the egr hooked up you could pay to have it repaired with the fuel savings.
epa mode? be prepared* for lag and mpg loss after egr delete? What? Something else is wrong with your truck I'm sure. Can anyone fill me in on this epa mode?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
You have other issues. Either your delete isnt installed properly. Or you have something else wrong with your truck. With a properly installed EGR delete you should not be loosing MPG or experiencing more turbo lag
Old 03-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Who installed your kit?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:33 AM
Premium Member

Sounds like your VGT vanes are stuck. My SCT With Cales Extreme race tune will have some "lag" at those speeds but its not the turbo. Its a race tune, so the Torque converter is locked up in 3rd gear at low rpm and it takes a second to unlock bring up the RPM, and build boost.

How are you reading your mileage? IF you have a Lariat with the message center in the gauge cluster it is straight up WRONG!!!!! The SCT totally changes the injector duty cycle and pulse width to parameters outside of the computers fuel MPG calculation and the data is wrong. So do a hand calculation of a whole tank of fuel.

With a custom street or race tune you will get better mileage, but if you cant put an egg between your foot and the fuel pedal, and not break it the tune will fuel more than stock.

Canned SCT tunes do not shut off the EGR codes.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:46 PM

Ford master tech know his shat. Running SCT exterm street [ eric ] Truck runs great But after the egr delete lost mileage started reading and found that lots of other people have same issue after delete. I just want other people to know that if they had the last recall flash that is when they did the Epa crap that lockes the turbo and adds extra fuel to burn the gases that the epa dosn t want in the air. Look on the fte forum tech tells all about it . And there or no tunes to override it.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:33 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Can you provide a link please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.