Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

drag strip with canned tunes. now i need custom tunes

1K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  mdub707 
#1 ·
so saturday i went to the strip for the first time. holy crap i'm hooked. the best time i ran was a 14.291 on the canned performance tune. now i'm looking for some custom tunes to see if i can make it into the 13s before i go to bootcamp next monday. so who use what tunes and does anyone think i can pick up .400 of a sec. with custom tunes?

#3 ·
pros and cons of any of those guys?
one more thing. i'm trying to keep it cheap as in under $100 and i absolutely need it before sat. so anymore suggestions on who can get me a tune quick?

#4 ·
You prolly can't get one under $100, or before Saturday.

Just start a flying run, start 200 feet back behind the line:hehe:

#9 ·
Keep it idling in the staging lanes to keep your oil warm. It will help the turbo spool up, even though you have VGT, it helps a TON on mine. I ran a 18.6 cold, and an 18.2 warm.

#11 ·
I second Cale, call him and give him all your info and have him send the extreme 140 tune, it will help and it cost $25...........it takes him just a day to get me my tunes.........let him know you need it by Friday..........He is awsome and i will tell you this, there is no comparison between the canned and the custom tunes :woot:

#14 ·
You could try the free spartan tunes:dunno: some people like them.

#15 ·
Not sure on a diesel but I wouldn't go run it with less than a half a tank.... The less fuel means more probability of getting air in the fuel lines as you launch hard and the fuel goes away from the pick up.... Saving weight is a good idea but in reality how much trouble do you want to go thru to make that magic number if you know you will never duplicate it in realistic driving conditions? I mean yah on a honda 200lbs is a lot just not as much to one of theses trucks... I guess you could always be the guy that says I hold on I gotta take my tires and tail gate off to race....

#16 ·
Hey i agree fully with that dont get me wrong but if your going to the track to race might as well see how fast you can get it going. My spare tire alont weighs 150 lbs or better so... its just a thought. I raced this weekend with all of it on but i didnt make a trip to the track so it didnt really matter. The pick up in the tank comment is true... but what happens when you pull up to a car that wants to race and your under a half tank? You going to say hold on i gotta put five gallons in my truck so the air in the system doesnt make me loose... doubt it.

#17 ·
Right but I don't usually plan on a street race. I guess I would rather brag about a 14 second qtr at my running weight than talk about a 13 second qtr that I ad the truck tore apart for. But yeah I don't turn down a race..... If anything I always get them off the line even if they get me on the top end. If I was to plan on street race though I'd go with a full tank and a buddy to watch

#18 ·
Get the extreme race from Innovative, you wont be disappointed.

Also something else that isn't mentioned is those $25 tunes are a one time tune, the $80 from Innovative is life time, so if you get a new truck or something they will re-write the tune at no cost for you. Also Eric is extremely fast at returning tunes via email.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.