Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

wwwdieselsite.com

786 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  joe blow 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I am looking @ purchasing the coolant kit for my 6.0L. This website has one for the 6.0 and one for the 6.4. They are both priced the same, except the 6.0L kit (which I need) does not include the ball valves for stopping the coolant flow and the 6.4 kit does.

The 6.4 kit mounts inside the bumper and the 6.0 kit mounts on the RH side of the radiator with a light duty bracket.

I am pretty certain they are the same exact kit (except for the bracket which I can easily fabricate).

Has anyone used the 6.4 kit for the 6.0 application?

Is it the same except for the bracket?

Thank you

#3 ·
Well, unless the photos are playing tricks on my eyes, it looks like the exact same kit with shut off valves, minus the mountng bracket and little longer 3/8" heater hose section. I'll call tomorow and ask them.

#4 · (Edited)
The 6.0 picture showed ball valves in it:dunno: but they arent needed anyways because not very much coolant will leak out since the degas bottle is the only thing higher when you change the filter.

#5 ·
Have any questions..................call BOb. Great person to deal with.:thumb:

#7 ·
AFBlue,
I don't see any valves. I must be blind or they aren't there. I'lll look again

2005F250,

I was thinking I'd buy the 6.4 kit that is "complete" with valves and make my own bracket. Not sure if I like the way the 6.0 kit mounts behind the rubber shroud mount on the radiator. Just a thought.

#9 ·
Called and got it figured out.

The 6.0 kit doesn't really need the shut off valves, like AFBlue stated. Not much leaks out since it sits pretty much @ degas bottle level. The 6.4 kit needs it because is it meant to mount on the frame. I ordered the 6.4 kit. I might just mount it on the frame to get it out of the motor comparment or make my own bracket and mount it by the radiator....either way thank you for the responses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.