Installing intake - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 12:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Installing intake

I have a 2006 F350 SD, with MAC intake, im taklng it into the dealership to get a FICM replaced and want to install the stock intake.

I dont have one so i borrowed a buddies stock one from his 05. The thing is his has a IAT sensor and mine has a MAF sensor, so it wont fit in the intake. Is there anyway i can make this work ????

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
To be honest with you I wouldn't worry about the intake effecting your warranty.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!PainTrain!!! View Post
To be honest with you I wouldn't worry about the intake effecting your warranty.
Thats what i thought. I took my truck in to a dealer ship in december, had egr cooler repair done. Took it to the same dealership a few weeks ago, no warrranty cause they suspect a chip. Loser service advisor thought my electronic boost gauge wiring was for a chip. I went back there said no chip this is for my boost gauge. He said oh well we still cant do it, you have intake and exhaust and there probably was a chip on it at some point. I said you just worked on it 2000kms ago in the exact same state. Ya well fords being strict with us now and you could have modified in that time. We cant help you, but pay the $250 diagnostic fee. So mad.

So im going to the other dealership and just dont want any excuses, my exhaust should be fine, still has a cat. I hoping i can some how get back the money i wasted at the other dealership but not banking on it.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcp View Post
Thats what i thought. I took my truck in to a dealer ship in december, had egr cooler repair done. Took it to the same dealership a few weeks ago, no warrranty cause they suspect a chip. Loser service advisor thought my electronic boost gauge wiring was for a chip. I went back there said no chip this is for my boost gauge. He said oh well we still cant do it, you have intake and exhaust and there probably was a chip on it at some point. I said you just worked on it 2000kms ago in the exact same state. Ya well fords being strict with us now and you could have modified in that time. We cant help you, but pay the $250 diagnostic fee. So mad.

So im going to the other dealership and just dont want any excuses, my exhaust should be fine, still has a cat. I hoping i can some how get back the money i wasted at the other dealership but not banking on it.
Yea that is a crock of you know what. No way they can void your warranty for suspected upgrades.

Take it to another dealership. I'm sure there is a resonable tech around you some where. You just have to search for them.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Took it to another dealership, no problem whatsoever fixed and ready to go. Dropped it off last night, ready this morning at 10 am. Is there anyway i can get my $250 back from the other dealership that charged me to tell me it was the FICM but no warranty because we dont want the liability?
Old 03-25-2009, 11:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
ive been through 4 dealers and countless money spent for BULLSH!T. its unreal what they try to charge you for. i would have to say that $250 is long gone man. i would suck it up and keep going to the mod friendly dealer
Old 03-25-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcp View Post
Took it to another dealership, no problem whatsoever fixed and ready to go. Dropped it off last night, ready this morning at 10 am. Is there anyway i can get my $250 back from the other dealership that charged me to tell me it was the FICM but no warranty because we dont want the liability?
Unfortunately no. It's just the game man, you gotta play it and you're on their rules, sucks but that's the way it is now a days.

Last edited by !!!PainTrain!!!; 03-25-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Spelling > Me
Old 03-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ya i figured that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.