innovative custom list - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By extremlx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 08:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
innovative custom list

Ok, i dont know if this is possible but i am trying to learn everything i can about the custom tuning. first off the x3 is the tuner to have right? now how many tunes total will the freakin thing hold is it just 3 custom tunes or is it the canned 3 custom? whats the deal? and for the real question. can someone who really knows these things put a list on here of every custom tune they offer? AND WHAT THE FEATURES OF EACH ONE ARE. they have all these tunes they offer but whats the difference? people say extreme street, extreme race, economy, tow, tow aggressive street aggressive, you get the idea i dont know if some are the same and they are just worded different or what, its confusing as crap. HELP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersmoke View Post
Ok, i dont know if this is possible but i am trying to learn everything i can about the custom tuning. first off the x3 is the tuner to have right? now how many tunes total will the freakin thing hold is it just 3 custom tunes or is it the canned 3 custom? whats the deal? and for the real question. can someone who really knows these things put a list on here of every custom tune they offer? AND WHAT THE FEATURES OF EACH ONE ARE. they have all these tunes they offer but whats the difference? people say extreme street, extreme race, economy, tow, tow aggressive street aggressive, you get the idea i dont know if some are the same and they are just worded different or what, its confusing as crap. HELP!

It would be just about impossible to list all the different functions and abilities of tunes because the limit is endless. A good tuner will be able to adjust just about any parameter that he/she wants to, thus given limitless combinations of features. Plus one person's Xtreme Race maybe another's Xtreme Street.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

oh i see, so im thinking of doing an extrem street extreme race and tow aggressive. do many people get an economy tune or are they a waste i know most guys just use the extreme files for best mpg. also are the 3 i chose pretty common ones to get when your order an x3. im kinda just gonna go with what most guys run on here cause everyone on here seems pretty knowledgeable and seems to love the tunes they have, i think ill just run with the pack. a get what most are runnin then maybe expierience with other tunes later. i want whats most common since im new to the custom tuning
Old 03-21-2009, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersmoke View Post
oh i see, so im thinking of doing an extrem street extreme race and tow aggressive. do many people get an economy tune or are they a waste i know most guys just use the extreme files for best mpg. also are the 3 i chose pretty common ones to get when your order an x3. im kinda just gonna go with what most guys run on here cause everyone on here seems pretty knowledgeable and seems to love the tunes they have, i think ill just run with the pack. a get what most are runnin then maybe expierience with other tunes later. i want whats most common since im new to the custom tuning
Those are the three most common tunes. But to be honest with you, mine rarely comes off of Xtreme Race. Once you get over the slight learning curve of driving it you will love it. Great throttle response, MPG, everything.

There really is no need to was a tune spot on a economy tune. The race file has always given me the best mpg and I feel that is true for most people.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!PainTrain!!! View Post
Those are the three most common tunes. But to be honest with you, mine rarely comes off of Xtreme Race. Once you get over the slight learning curve of driving it you will love it. Great throttle response, MPG, everything.

There really is no need to was a tune spot on a economy tune. The race file has always given me the best mpg and I feel that is true for most people.
speak for yourself half ginger...no just kidding my race file is the only tune i have and i havent ever took it off the truck even when i bring it in for warranty work
Old 03-21-2009, 07:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to extremlx
to be honest I was scared to get the X Race but now I wish I had I got the agg tow, street,x street. All I can say is that Eric at IDP must really know his stuff! Most of the guys on the org with the 6.0 are running SCT with at least two of his tunes.
LSeven likes this.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:04 AM

I am also runnin Eric's tunes but only ever the extreme street. Do you have headstuds in your truck? If not you'll probably want to keep it on the extreme street tune until you do. Also I dont know how in the heck all of you guys get your best mileage on the XS or XR settings even if I baby it I dont get crap for mileage on XS my best mileage ever has come from the Canned street tune.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmertom390 View Post
I am also runnin Eric's tunes but only ever the extreme street. Do you have headstuds in your truck? If not you'll probably want to keep it on the extreme street tune until you do. Also I dont know how in the heck all of you guys get your best mileage on the XS or XR settings even if I baby it I dont get crap for mileage on XS my best mileage ever has come from the Canned street tune.
No studs here. The Race should net you the best mpg due to the nature of the tune. It locks the converter in 2nd gear instead of 4th like the Street tunes. Better fuel atomization, TC lockup, etc., it should be the most efficient.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.