Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

SCT Hammered?

2K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  extremlx 
#1 ·
Well finally got those first 30 miles out of the way on the Xtreme Street and hammered it WoW!! also got my first scare! At the top of forth gear on the first hard run it seemed to slip out of gear,let off immediately and let it slow down EGTs by the outlook were at 1442 by the guage 1300. the next two hard runs it didn't do it. thats all I did tonight the second two runs I was a little gun shy maybe . is this norm? any one heard of this happening? other than that just riding and rolling on to it up to 70 3/4 throttle it was shifting fine, the 3 runs I'm talking about where from a dead stop.

#2 ·
Is it set up to de-fuel?

#3 ·
I didn't think a SCT did that, I'm not running the BD anymore. this is off subject but how do you like the fabtech stuff

#4 ·
I believe it's a standard option But I've Been Wrong Before

#5 ·
I'll have to check into it not sure how to even check on the tuner.Reeally nice truck buy the way.

#8 ·
Ok, then how do these guy get through a 1/4 mile and not have their trucks freakout,I'm not trying to be a smart azz, why didn't it do it the second and third run.

#9 · (Edited)
Thanks for chiming in Granny your truck, BAAAAAD! I don't want to kill my truck and it's not like I'll be dogging it every chance I get. I just want to know its limits, not a kid anymore.

#10 ·
It's odd to hear SCT miss a shift. Did you just load the tune and get rite down on it?

#11 ·
No I drove it for about 30 miles then tried it out. first day with the SCT.

#12 ·
Keep running it....... Like Granny said... Maybe just a fart

#14 ·
Ok I'll give it through the weekend hope you guys are right.I'll let ya know.
And what about the Fabtech stuff Lloyd?

#15 ·
Accufab Intake elbow has no restrictions. Also has threaded ports for goodies

#16 ·
Good news guys! Went out today and beat on the truck after doing the zoodad mod and cleaning the air filter and the trans. never miss a lick! I even Built boost on a launch and from a dead stop the truck flat eat up those 37s I'm tickled to death with Eric and his Xstreet. I took about a 40 mile trip up I81 to Arcadia and then came back down 11 through towns, up and down hills and turns I love it, I really can't say enough for Eric and Innovative. But today leads me to another Question. I have two EGTs mounted at the back of the exhaust manifolds 1 on driver and 1 on passenger. I don't think I'm getting a good reading. driver says 1462 peak and the pass. says 1300 peak. where should the gauge be mounted or is it in the right place?

#17 ·
Bump..................

#18 ·
I believe the drivers side is pre-turbo. That's where mine is mounted. Don't want to roast that charger

#19 ·
drivers side in the back of the manifold. thats where your going to get the hottest reading. With custom tunes you have to pay attention. for short runs, 1/4 or whatever its normal to see hot tempatures but if you are seeing high EGTs for an extended period than id be concerned.

#20 ·
Do both of your EGT readouts match at idle and while cruising? The passenger side may read cooler do to less flow because of scoop in up pipe on that side. Other thing to check is see if the tip of the EGT probe on pass side is far enough into the manifold so its directly in the center of the exhaust stream. EGTs in the high 1400s is fine for WOT runs, I just would not tow beyond 12-1300 for extended times.

Everytime I reload a custom tune, the trans will brain fart once or twice, its normal, the trans is trying to learn the shift pattern and line pressures, TC lockup and a bunch of other variables. So until it has a few WOT and hard shifts it actually knows how to run. :thumb:

#21 · (Edited)
I think I'm gonna change sides with the thermocouples and put the gauge on the drivers side to get that (highest) reading just to make sure, and put the Outlook on the passenger side. The Gauges I have are the autometer Nexus line and faces flash bright red at the drivers setpoints I'll set at 1300. I really like the data logging capabilities. Thanks guys for your inputs rally learned alot on the org the last few weeks great bunch of guys. Oh yea whats the word on tractionbars that might be my next move?

#22 ·
I think I'm gonna change sides with the thermocouples and put the gauge on the drivers side to get that (highest) reading just to make sure, and put the Outlook on the passenger side. The Gauges I have are the autometer Nexus line and faces flash bright red at the drivers setpoints I'll set at 1300. I really like the data logging capabilities. Thanks guys for your inputs rally learned alot on the org the last few weeks great bunch of guys. Oh yea whats the word on tractionbars that might be my next move?

EXCUSE ME? :hehe: :poke: Just giving you a hard time. I am glad you are enjoying your time spent here and learning about your truck. That is what we are here for..... learning and fun.

#23 ·
Might have something to do with the fact that you're using one analog pyro and the other is an electronic unit. I would suspect the electronics might be a problem, or part of the problem. I'm a big fan of analog gauges. I used to have a quad commander and switched. Dave has it on his truck now and as far as I know he's happy with it. Its all about preference.

#24 ·
Traction Bars are still on my want list and await your mod decision. Keep us posted! I have my eyes on Fabtech. Little pricey!! Some here have fabed their own up

#25 ·
I'm lookin at the OUO traction blocks, with a lifted truck and blocks in the back a person gets to thinking about the blocks moving around with those hard launches. I can see mine moving around now. I know they're pricey but ya gotta pay to play sometimes.
I just ordered my next mode for next weekend its the CCV mod from Stealth. I have a blown mustang and I guess the turbos are kinda the same thinking, but ya really don't want oil contamination in your intake track leads to detonation, not to mention the mess it makes. I read somewhere that the leaking of the intake tubes and various fittings can look like a rear main seal leaking and I think that's whats going on with mine. hopefully this mod will fix that prob!
Oh Yea, Granny, I'm sorry forgot the ladies out there, some times you'll have to excuse my use of incorrect grammar and terminology. LOL I really dig chicks with trucks there's not to many out there at least in my neck of the woods!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.