Another SCT Tune Question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 12:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another SCT Tune Question

Sorry im new on here and im sure im asking a question that has been answered a million times but, I have a SCT livewire ,and a xcal2, which is broke, but anyways i have never ran any custom tunes, i have the head stud upgrade and i have upgraded the intake and exhaust but i have ran the pre-loaded tunes. i was happy with them until last week when i rode in my buddys innovative xtreme race tune truck, and now i want that power. The question is who do i need to go for tunes. the innovative tunes works pretty good in my buddys truck, but i see a lot of things about DJs on here, i thought they were closed, and i seen elite and wondered about them. Also, besides a race tune im wanting to get a good economy tune and a good tow tune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2009, 12:49 AM

DJs is closed. Go with innovative thats what I run. The economy tune realy is only 30 HP. I use the extreme street, Tow agressive with brake and extreme race. Eric will fix your tune until its what you want. great service. Most of the high HP tunes get better mileage than the econo tunes but you just have to learn to keep your foot out of it which is usially the hardest part!
Old 03-20-2009, 01:09 AM

The innovative guys are what it is looking like, thanks for the info about the economy tune, so that will be worthless, i cant remember if i seen this on innovative or elite but of something to do with the egr valve, my next project is to block off the egr entirely, but does that work and what would be the way to go transmission tuning wise?
Old 03-20-2009, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0L_stroker View Post
my next project is to block off the egr entirely, but does that work

It does and if your planning or more mods or even running the higher hp mods, it helpts to remove that recycled hot exhaust air that contributes to carbon buildup on the turbos. With flowing more fuel can be a pretty big problem as well, depending on your driving habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0L_stroker View Post
and what would be the way to go transmission tuning wise?
They will handle that for you when you decide on your tunes.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to extremlx
+ 1 On the Xtreme tunes and Mileage X street and Xrace just keep your foot out of it!
Old 03-20-2009, 02:39 PM

go with cales tunes they are only $25 and are great tunes. I have have his extreme race tune in it is a bamf
Old 03-20-2009, 02:43 PM

all you need is the extreme race and extreme street tune. maybe get a more aggressive tow tune if you tow with your truck. with the extreme race tune, when that converter locks, hold on.
definately go with erics tunes from innovative. you wont regret it.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i run erics extreme race and it is bada**. i have been trying to get ahold of BTS so i can try cales side by side with erics and for three weeks have got nothing. so at this point, eric hands down.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:02 PM

I am looking towards the extreme race and extreme street, only thing a really tow is a 30 foot enclosed car trailer, mostly just quads and a couple cars every now and then but i do want a decent tow tune. With the extreme tunes is it okay to run them all the time, im not really hard on my truck i just want something that can halfway keep up with my cousins efi live dmax and it would be nice to blow the doors off this retarted fast and furious wanna be celica that pissing me off everyday to work. Has anyone had good luck with cale and anyone running elite or something besides innovative?
Old 03-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Rice Hunter

Gotta upgrade them canned tunes with some custom tunes. I mostly run extreme tune from Tadd at Elite. Nice firm transmission shifts!! Better than Stock!! GET SOME GAUGES!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.