Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

A Question About......

832 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Granny 
#1 ·
I bought my truck pre owned, it had 27k on it now it has 45k. I love the truck, I will never own another gasser. Whoever had it before me did the leveling kit and new shocks up front which is way cool IMO. My question is about the exhaust.What is the stock size? I had it at the shop the other day to do a little Kitty mod and I swear the pipe looks to be 4", could this be factory, or did they also do the aftermarket exhaust for me as well.The inlet and outlet of the cat is the same size as the pipe, if that helps. Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
I am fairly sure 3.5" is the stock size, but it's been so long since I've had the stock exhaust that I can't remember.

#3 ·
Thanks. I bet with the in and out of the cat being the same size as the pipe it is 3 1/2. I have to retain the cat because the morons in Wilson Co. want their $10 for an emissions test and they look under the truck for the cat. I don't think they have x-ray vision so they can't tell if the cat has anything in it LOL.

#4 ·
They have emissions in Lebanon? I thought they didn't, but then again they are close to Nashville, and those counties do have emissions.

#5 ·
I found out when I went to get my tags. The lady said "I need and emissions test" and I said its a diesel. She said she didn't care. They gotta get back at us diesel owners some way, big bro has to have his fingers into everything. :hehe:

#6 ·
Thankfully I'm still exempt due to weight(and I think that's the only reason left for diesel here).

#7 ·
Stock DP is 3 inch and from there back is 3.5 inch exhaust.

Where are you from tex25025 and GoFastPadre, cause I seen you said something about being around Nashville?
Are either one of you from Tennessee, cause I am. Sorry to jack this thread.

#9 ·
Mmhmm. Well heck i live about 150 miles Southwest of ya here in Savannah.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.