6.0 Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
6.0 Help

So i got a 2007 6.0 an i have SCT x3 with a custom tune from BTS its supposed to be a 120 hot street but it still feels slow to me does anyone know anything i can do better to this truck cause my 6.0 is not makin me happy right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingranch89 View Post
So i got a 2007 6.0 an i have SCT x3 with a custom tune from BTS its supposed to be a 120 hot street but it still feels slow to me does anyone know anything i can do better to this truck cause my 6.0 is not makin me happy right now
Need to give some more info about your truck then that. Might actually have an issue with the truck that is hindering you from being able to use that tune to it's potential. Is there anything that you can tell that you observe when driving the truck?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Premium Member

No the truck runs fine an shifts well an everything only thing i notice is my mileage is horrible im only gettin like 10 around town an all i have on the truck is 35's with a leveling kit and a banks monster exhaust
Old 03-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Serving Our Country!

**** i get better then that and i got 40's and floor it everywhere
Old 03-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Premium Member

so whats wrong with mine it gets horrible milage an its slow
Old 03-18-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
No the truck runs fine an shifts well an everything only thing i notice is my mileage is horrible im only gettin like 10 around town an all i have on the truck is 35's with a leveling kit and a banks monster exhaust
If it's acting fine and your building boost decently(you are aren't you?), than my next guess would be maintance stuff. Oil change, filters(both oil and fuel) and your air filter, what about those? How many miles between those being change? Change in fueling habits, get bad fuel somewhere or go to a strange place during your mileage drop? If you have access to a professional scanner see if your pulling a cylinder contribution/balance issue, that would ruin mileage and horsepower for sure. Just wish I had more to work with.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Premium Member

i just had my oil an oil filter changed i usually do it around every 5,000 miles i have not checked my air filter im gonna take a look at that an fuel i always buy from the same place but my truck has been runnin this way since i got my sct i used to have bully dog an my truck would haul *** an get decent milage it just kept tearin up the trans so i wint with sct an i have tried custom tunes from 2 seperate companies an they both seem to be the same i dont know im ready to trade this thing in
Old 03-18-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
so i wint with sct an i have tried custom tunes from 2 seperate companies an they both seem to be the same i dont know im ready to trade this thing in
Do you have the EGR disabled with the tuning and do you have the new flash from ford? You could be experiance EPA limp mode if yes to both.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Premium Member

i do not have the EGR delete on the truck itself but on the tune i dont know the tune i have now is just the HOT STREET by Cal an my truck was updated by ford so what are u saying could be wrong an is there anything i can do about it
Old 03-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Premium Member

one more thing i just remembered in the mornings when its cold it wont start unless i pump the pedal while im starting it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.