Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

ARP studs or not? HELP!

2K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  03ccf350 
#1 ·
I was looking at my truck in detail today and saw that it looks to have ARP studs please correct me if I am wrong.... But factory studs have socket heads instead of the bolt/nut right? I am posting a few pics....Thanks for the help guys! -Jim

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry for the huge pics. LOL

#4 ·
Thanks, I thought so just wanted to clarify. Now I have to get rid of this gay EGR system to stop my puking!

#6 ·
Yea, makes me feel a lot better. Thanks again guys. -Jim

#9 ·
Nice Find!! Some are still have the tendency to blow and puke!!
Loose the EGR system totally for best insurance!!
Some of the dealers are even going that route ..... GO FIGURE:doh:

#10 ·
I just bought a new Degas cap today and it still puked.... So I am going to clean the EGR now and then maybe see about getting the EGR cooler deleted.

#11 ·
Nice Find:thumb: A flashlight and a dream I might find those under my hood:hehe:

#12 ·
My only fear is doing the EGR delete, then still needing work done at the dealer and them having an issue with all the work.... they did put my studs in for me, but I just dont know how they'd feel about it, guess I better call them up.

I've already had the EGR cap tested,
New EGR cooler installed
Headgaskets replaced, ARP's put in, one head replaced due to warpage.

#14 ·
LOL, Im not gonna delete the EGR cooler until my warranty runs out. I have had dealers tell me they are OK with a mod I plan on doing and after I finish it and have to take the truck in for some warranty work they deny it because it has been modded..... So I am not risking it on this truck. I would .ove the truck to stop puking BUT I will just ave to deal with a reg street tune for now....

#15 ·
Are you still puking with the studs?

#18 ·
Thats just a shame... So was all that damage done before the studs were installed?

#17 ·
wish i had studs on my truck !!!

#19 ·
I am thinking it is the EGR cooler as I had the oil checked and there was no oil in the coolant and no coolant in the oil.... Well I hope it is the EGR cooler anyways! -Jim

#20 ·
looking at your avatar now i see why you wanted black tow hooks, they look good. and congrats on being lucky with the studs, Do you have any more chrome you dont want lol???

#22 ·
All the chrome is gone! YAY thinking of tinting my headlights but I am trying to fix this puking problem first! I dont want to use anything but Erics tunes since they run awesome on my truck....

#24 ·
Are the arp studs stamped or anything at the top? Or is it just a stud and the nut? How does that differ from the factory?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.