Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Help...

703 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  tex25025 
#1 ·
Hey guys i have a 2006 f350 with a magnaflow 4 inch turboback straight pipe, with SCT tuned by eric running the extreme race tune right now.
i just recently straight piped it and i have noticed that my EGT's go up alot quicker now. Does that make sense?
Also my boost, if i do a pull my quadzilla gauge and stock gauge say 30psi.
Does that also seem normal?
Thanks guys any answers would be appreciated.

#3 ·
Did you do all of this at the same time. If so it sounds normal. EGT's will increase with tuning

#5 ·
i wouldnt worry about them "going up quicker", now if your getting hotter egt's than you were with a muffler, something doesnt seem right should be the opposite.

#7 ·
yeah boost is right around normal, if i romp on it i can almost bury my boost gauge, goes up to 35. Wouldnt worry about the EGT's though, just watch them when pulling loads, and smoking rice burners, etc. :thumb:

#9 ·
Like everything else said, I wouldn't worry about it at this time. Now if your building up EGTs really quick and your not going anywhere then I would be worried.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.