Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

SCT and going to the dealer

934 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Mike Hickman 
#1 ·
taking my truck to the dealer in a few days for EGR and head gaskets and was wondering about my SCT. I have it downloaded to stock, and my SCT is still "locked" to the truck. What does locked mean? SCT just downloaded my strategy and will only connect to my truck, or did it download something onto PCM so my truck will only listen to my SCT?

I am not trying to cover up the fact that I am running an SCT with the dealer, I know he isnt clueless and could surely find out if he wanted to. I just want to make sure that if they do any software updates while working on the truck, that it doesnt mess up the connection between my PCM and SCT when I get it back. :dunno:

#2 ·
It means that you can only upload tunes to your truck. You would have to unlock it in order for it to be used with another truck. I wouldn't do that because your unlock countdown would go to the next number(5 to 4, 4 to 3 etc. whatever you happen to be if you bought it new or used). There shouldn't be any complications with them being able to communicate to your truck or you communicating with your truck to upload those tunes back on there. Now if the dealer reflashed your computer for some reason, then you might have to get your tunes changed with regard to that.

#3 ·
Yes tex is correct, the only thing you gotta do, of which you already did is set it back to stock. When its not stock tuning ive had trouble connecting the ids to the trucks.

#4 ·
I have always told the dealer when I take my truck to them is, don't do any reflashes at all. Very modded friendly dealer....They will note it on the paper work and no worries here.........

#5 ·
PM sent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

#6 ·
Just put it to stock and dont worry about it. My dealers I've brought mine to, never even ask (three different dealers now) and I have a large sticker on my tailgate that even says upstatedieselperformance.com

#7 ·
Thanks for the Replies Guys! :thumb: Dealer knows I am modified, so that wasnt was I was worried about. Just didnt want to screw up my SCT if they changed the strategy code on me. Worse that will happen is I will have to buy my one tune from Cale again $25.00 for all the other $ I have blown, big deal:dunno:

I actually may even ask them to reflash because I am getting false check engine lights!!!! I go to look at the code and clear it and there is nothing there!!!:dunno::dunno:

#8 ·
You will also get the Cel light when you leave the dealer because it will be looking for the EGR . I left the dealer and within 15 mile the cel came on . Once you load in the tune that will clear it and not come back on. Might want to ask the tuner if they have the egr turned off in the tune just to be sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.