Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

03 turbo boost

767 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  dukcaln 
#1 ·
So as you could see with my other post, cales street 90hp tune dave me 42psi at WOT and 1200 degrees. Is this good for the stock 03 turbo with my set up? What kind of boost are 03 turbos seeing with similar tunes.....even the extreme tunes on a stock turbo..........

#2 ·
42 psi on any stock turbo isn't good. It won't last long... IIRC you have larger injectors right? Those kind of numbers aren't possible with stock sticks.

#3 ·
yes i have 190cc hypermaxes......I know i am in the market for a new non vgt turbo...How much will i benefit fron say a 64mm. HP, Egt, throttle ect....... I did 420hp on stock turbo and 100hp cannned tune.........what do you think....What will the psi be on a aftermarket turbo

#4 ·
I think you'll see similar boost numbers with a 64mm that you're seeing now, but with A LOT more usable air! Cooler more dense air, and you won't be overspooling the hell out of your turbo anymore. With an RCD 64 I think you should be well in to the 500hp range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.