Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Custom tunes, adjust options????????

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  dukcaln 
#1 ·
Ok guys, I know when you get custom tunes that its pretty much pre-set by who created the tune, but could you still adjust the options on the sct for the custom tunes, say the shift %, firm or normal, tire revs ect..........

#2 ·
Yes you can still change the revs per mile and the shift firmness in 5% increments. Also can change the gearing if necessary. The only reason you would have to change anything but shift firmness pressure is if you change tire size or gears after the file was written by your tuner. You could also have them adjust it for you and email you the new one.

#3 ·
Well, every tune i have gotten from cale has been way too firm on the shifting, he has sent a few tunes and still to firm, more on the harsh side. So I was just thinking if I change the shift firmness on my own and the % I can just do it my self and find what works for me then let him know to say, send the same tune but say 10% lower on pressure and not so firm on the shifting.......... Which I have done that and still no changes. Also the tunes he has sent really harsh on the lock up for OD still and when in OD I accelerate hard and the truck bucks and jumps..... I have only tried the tow, which was good, but shifting very harsh and 3 different street tunes, all with different shift patterns and firmness but still bucking and jumping in OD when accelerating. I have not loaded the extreme tune yet. Should i try the extreme tune, I am wondering if the shifting will be better with the extreme tune...... I am so frustrated right now because the canned performance tune works flawlesly on my truck with good power. I set the shifts to firm, and 5% and its perfect, there is no bucking and jumping in OD when I accelerate.....Well thanks for letting me vent......LOL. In-put and suggestions still welcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.