Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

sct

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  youngstroker 
#1 ·
just got my sct from innovative, and have been haveing a little trouble, i've been working with eric to get the tunes just right. the truck respons real nice to the econ tune but when it comes to my street and tow it shifts hard like real hard when i acceletate at 3/4 throttle, it takes a little to long to shift then it hits and chirps the tires sometimes it wont down shift when i come to a stop. and one time the tow haul mod light flashed on and off and was locked in a gear untill i shut it off i have pulled out the street tune and put in the econ tune untill i can get the new tunes from eric. just wondering if anyone has seen this.

#3 ·
I am having similar issues with my cale tunes. I have not got one tune the shifts right yet..........I know there are alot of happy people out there with these tunes, so i will wait it out and hope i finally get a tune in there that shifts like the canned performance tune.

#8 ·
I guess I wont be trying cales tunes...:doh:

#4 ·
Just have him send the tunes with all the power and t/c lock up and tire size ect...but have him leave the shift patterns stock. Stock pressure and firmness. The you can use the adjustment for those fetures and fine tune your self

#5 ·
Hard shifts aren't necessarily a bad thing. Soft shifting, on the other hand, is comfortable but bad for the tranny clutches. Get with Eric and tell him your concerns. I'm sure he'll fix you up or explain what the tranny is doing and aleviate your fears. One thing you need to remember is that it takes some cold starts for the tranny to "learn" as it has an adaptive strategy and will soften over time.

#6 ·
Believe me I have a tranny that can handle the hard shifts, and i have been around diesels for awhile and have ran some awsome trannies on my cummins, and non have shifted this hard, I am a believer for firm shifts but not hard like it has been. I understand the learning cycle of the trans too, but it never got better, Cale is working with me and has sent new tunes today, so we will see and i will report back. Thanks for all the good info guys...

#9 ·
No, my tranny is at temp when it happens. Believe me, the canned tunes with the firm shift option and adjusting the pressure 5% my tranny shifts great. Firm and to the point, not banging hard like cales tunes. I have not tried the new tune he sent me, but i will tonight. If this tune isn't right, cal said he wil refund my money. I like cale and he is a good guy so I hope we have it dialed in. So weird with the canned tunes it spot on, but his tunes are harsh....I told him make the shifts like the canned tunes and add 5% pressure and we should be good.....We will see

#10 ·
i always wait for it to warm up and after i reflash it i drive it for about 15 min running it through the shifts before i attempt to jump on it even still it shifts realy hard i haven't done a real launch with a full pull yet. but last night i was trying to load the revised tow tune and my pcm locked itself so i had to load in the stock tune and i found that it was still shifting poorly untill i drove it for awhile so it may not be the tunes i might have valvebody issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.