Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

X-treme race tune

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  choctaw 
#1 ·
ok i run the x-treme street on my truck all the time and ive been wantin to run the X-treme race but im scared ill mess something up how many of you guys run it with out studs. and can u tell a diff from the race and street

#2 · (Edited)
I run it all day everyday, no problems. :thumb:

Can you tell a difference? :hehe::hehe::hehe: Slightly :thumb:

Install it and have fun, now don't go crazy, just feel the power at 40-50 and give about 3/4 throttle, hang on and smile real big. I very rarely go full throttle 3/4 is plenty.

#4 ·
your question about the studs ran with that x-tune i have the race tune also on my truck with a stage 2 on it and i beat my truck up everyday that pedal hits the floor often... everything is holding up strong on it (knock on wood)

#5 ·
theres a little bit more power but the most noticable thing is the torque-converter lock-up once u hit second gear. and yes i run it as a everyday driver and i dint have studs

#9 ·
How much HP does the x-treme race push compared to the X-treme street?

#10 ·
yeaup 3/4 throttle and its like hitting a powerban on a 2 stroke motorcycle. LOVE it

#17 ·
Perfect explanation!!

I love my Extreme Street, but do not have the X-race. I worry a lot about something going wrong but I figure we only live once. I have realized that there is absolutely no need to go past 3/4 throttle either.

#11 ·
I ran mine without studs. It puked before I even put it in, got studs in now and it still pukes so....

It seems my race file puts a touch more fuel out too since I have a darker haze of smoke at WOT, not much, but just a touch more. The TC lockup is awesome.

I also fried a TC before 42k miles on my bone stock tranny. Not sure if it was a fluke or not, but I think I have other problems developing with this new tranny already...
I haven't put extreme race back on since the new tranny either.

#14 ·
ok so when it stops rainin here im goin to put it on race and see what she will do lol

#15 ·
have fun :burnout:

#16 ·
Ive been runnin the x-street for a couple months and absolutely love it. I got the x-race a couple weeks ago and it seems alittle faster but I didnt really the tc lock and it puked more than the street. Went back to runnin my x-street, it is still very fast and a just seems to work very well with my truck.

#18 ·
Recommending running an Extreme race as a daily is a Russian rulet call. The tune is AMAZING. Eric does that kind of work - AMAZING.

But.................

I should have my rig back next week after the second set of gaskets and a full new set of heads - and I was already studded.

I'll be right back on that same tune, because I flat out love it and would rather drive it on that tune, or blow it the f up and get a new rig vs. not drive it on it. Damn things should come from the factory on Erics tunes IMO.

Anyway - those of you who are bullet proof right now I'm with ya and hope it holds. "Go big or go home" - or go to the Ford house and have sh!t fixed. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.