Cales tunes on my truck...update - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cales tunes on my truck...update

Well, just loaded the second set of cales tunes on my truck. The shifting is better but the OD lock up is still harsh and the bucking in OD when applying the throttle is still there at lower speeds. Also, even if the shifts are better, they still are not consistant. I went back to the canned performance tune and no issues, truck pulls as hard as cales street tune, the shifts are on the money but the egts are a little higher. I am not about to play send new tune test, send another tune test...blah blah blah. I am sure on most trucks cales tunes rock, but on mine, well lets just say the jury is still out on making a decision. I am going to try elite tunes and go from there. Got a buddy with similar set up running his tunes and every elite tune has been spot on for him. So what to say about cales tunes just yet. I am going to call him in the morning. He is a nice guy and maybe we can figure it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2009, 09:48 PM

my buddy has Elites tunes on his 04 and he really likes them. he is going to try the lock in 2nd gear option and the full fuel with no boost option. right now as his truck sits it runs pretty good for a lifted long bed dually with 22.5s on it. I suggested cales tunes 25 bucks cant go wrong let me know what you think of Elites and what options you go with.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:04 PM

I will, cales a great guy and maybe its my truck being tempermental. I gave tad at elite my mods and he told me he will work his magic, I trust him so I am just waiting for him to send them, hopefully before friday. I still am going to call cale and discuss it with him. I hear his extreme tune is awsome, so i may have him send just that tune.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Premium Member

Cale is a good honest dude, so I would probably say he knows he needs to work out his tunes a little and build a file base, and get his name out there, so thats why he is charging 1/3 the other guys.

He may need some practice being you have a non stock setup, IE your injectors, so I would give him a chance.

are you running a race or street tune? I have seen a few people on here complain across the board that race tunes will not shift consistently due to a more aggressive lockup profile, and when they downshift they are in between gear ratios so they kinda stutter a little.

My current tune from a stop will shift spot on, but put it to the floor when doing anything 20-70mph it sometimes will act a little funny, or if the tires break loose and spin it will hesitate on the shift becuase of the instant acceleration of the drivetrain.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:05 PM

Cale's an awsome guy, he will get ya fixed!! Mine does kinda the same thing AF, If i hammer on it while running 30-50 it sometimes seems to go into limp mode, from what I've found the longer I run the same tune in my truck the better the tranny shifts. I pretty much run his 140+ all the time, but my shifts are much smoother in is 90 Econ program!!

Last edited by hoosier golfer; 03-11-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:18 PM

Well, I am running alot of mods and the ATS Full Race tranny which tends to shift firmer anyways. So with the large injectors its going to be tricky. i am going to ask him to send me the extreme tune with near stock pressure and firmness and see what happens. I am running the 90hp street tune he sent me and the 1-2 3-4 shifts are pretty good a tame, but when the truck goes into OD its harsh. So I will work with him, as I am sure he will work with me.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:15 AM

I have been getting the itch to try this 90hp econo tune since the price is right. The shifting on the canned street tune just seems really goofy on my truck. But I did want to take a look and see what other tunes he might offer. Does anyone have a link to where they might be listed? I emailed him Monday about it but have not gotten a reply back as of yet. Guess I am going to have to break down and give him a call!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:46 AM

I loaded mine and think the shifting is the best part. Spot on right out of the box. I havent tried my tow tune but the ecomomy and 140 seem good. I have noticed cooler crusing egt and lower crusing boost. At wot egt still stay low but boost will get up to 31. The exhaust seems quieter at wot, I like it screaming but for more mpg I can deal. Off the line I feel my Extreme street pulled a little harder but Cales 140 pulls so smooth from 20 to 80 and it will get to those speeds quicker, or so it feels. I am in my test tank on economy so I dont want to hamer on it to hard before I can compare them in every way in a fair way. Overall I am happy and it is definitly worth the 75 I spent for my 3 tunes.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Im running his tow tune now. Im kind of curious about this economy he told you guys about. When I talked to him I asked for a hot tune to help with economy. Cale told me it doesn't matter what tune he sends they will all get the same mileage if you drive them normal. I am interested to hear what the econo tune gets that he sent you guys.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:13 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I bought the 140 tune from him, it bucked also. Haven't drove the truck since. Gonna give him a call and see if he can help me out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.