Got on the dyno...DJ VS. Innovative - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sins4u33
Got on the dyno...DJ VS. Innovative

So i got on the dyno in MD at my friends shop...did some testing...got on the dyno with the looney tune installed...truck did like 368 whp no TQ pickup because my friends doesnt have the correct pickup tool for diesel trucks. I wasn't very impressed though, but the truck feels strong...so i was like well everyone rants and raves about the Innovative tunes, but in all honesty i dont like the way the transmission shifts, locking the TQ when u go WOT and then unlocking it as fast as it can to shift into the next gear and then relocking itself in that gear and proceeding to do it everytime it shifts a gear.

The truck literally lurches back and forth between shifts, does anyone else's truck do this too with the RACE FILE?

So i tryed it out on the dyno the Innovative Race tune file...36xwhp again....hmmm no difference...i thought the 6.0's made around 400+ to the wheels...whats going on here? anyone like to chime in?

all pulls were done to 140mph...and ive run the truck numerous times in the 1/4 mile and both DJ and Innovative files run 14.0's all day.

DISCUSS!

Ben Y
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Cynic

The 6.0's I've been around all pull a bit under 400hp and under 760tq regardless of who the turner is. Once it's studded and more aggressive tunes are added, I've seen as high as 420.

Just my opinion and life experiences.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:25 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
from what i seen the type of dyno also plays a diff... mustang dynos are more accurate for some reason....

if you dont like how his tunes shifts i would contact him and have him make you a new tune to your liking.. maybe take out the lock up

-Raul
Old 03-10-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
from what i seen the type of dyno also plays a diff... mustang dynos are more accurate for some reason....

if you dont like how his tunes shifts i would contact him and have him make you a new tune to your liking.. maybe take out the lock up

-Raul

ive been in touch with him a few times about it, he adjusted it once, and it's not right, he recommended i go get the truck flashed, but my friend at ford was like i dont have a flash or anything im not sure i know what he's talking about...but it just doesnt seem like it should be that "lurchy and bumpy"

i like the lockup function when on long highway drives, i get upwards of 22mpg with his race tune. i hate how the factory computer doesnt lock the TQ in the final gear if you let off the gas and get back on it. I am in the DC area and there is plenty of slow moving traffic but if i let go of the gas with his files the truck stays in gear and stays locked up which is nice, so the TQ doesnt free spin like crazy till it locks up. i dunno if that makes sense?

Ben Y
Old 03-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The Race with converter lockup will cause abrupt shifts. It's a race file though and will get down the track quicker then when only locked in the top two gears.

The numbers are low, what did it dyno stock? We usually see 260rwhp on a stock truck and I'm sure your making more than 100rwhp over stock.

The converter needs to be locked and dyno'd in 5th gear(you feel this as the 4th gear shift), which is 1:1. Any other way and you wan't get a true number.

What type of dyno? If it's load bearing, you'll have to make sure it's loaded correctly for your application. If not, you will want a dyno with a heavy roller that can load up a diesel truck.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeDiesel View Post
The Race with converter lockup will cause abrupt shifts. It's a race file though and will get down the track quicker then when only locked in the top two gears.

The numbers are low, what did it dyno stock? We usually see 260rwhp on a stock truck and I'm sure your making more than 100rwhp over stock.

The converter needs to be locked and dyno'd in 5th gear(you feel this as the 4th gear shift), which is 1:1. Any other way and you wan't get a true number.

What type of dyno? If it's load bearing, you'll have to make sure it's loaded correctly for your application. If not, you will want a dyno with a heavy roller that can load up a diesel truck.
Glad you chimed in sir, thank you for reading, most vendors on other forums dont give a hoot and use it to sell instock products, unlike yourselves you seem to stand behind it. My friend Ronnie is good friends with you guys. Im sure you know him. I never ran the truck on the stock file but im sure i can try next time im at the shop. the dyno rollers aren't very heavy the truck would spin them very quickly, i had a feeling i should have used a load bearing dyno because the truck just didnt seem like it was loading up eneough either..it was a dyno jet. i was really just looking for a rough idea of the baseline of the tune.

i can tell you one thing though, my friend has a dually 2005 3500 with an edge hot and progressive meth kit, i smoke him off the line everytime and every roll on we have against each other...but when i raced Ronnie in his black f250 (the lowered one) he destroyed me haha i want that Eric, ill be in touch!! lol

Ben Y
Old 03-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Thanks, I appreciate that.

We can dyno your truck and dial it in when you are in the area. Just send me an email or give us a call.

I'm sure you are in the 400-420rwhp range.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:12 PM

That seems low to me too. My truck did 420hp on 40"s with a stock turbo and a canned predator 100hp tune with all of my other current mods. I would say you should at least be there, even if I have 190cc injectors. You need some tuning a testing time on a good dyno with a good operator. I can't wait to dyno a Race tune along with a turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.