Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Sct question/help

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  shifted 
#1 ·
I got my X3 and I was trying to download the software from the site. I messed that up some how even while reading the seemingly easy to follow instructions from ID. Now the X3 has nothing on it the screen only lights up blank. ??? Tried sct tech and im going to send them a message.:dunno:

#4 ·
On the SCT web site go to Tech support. Click on Device updates & Downloads. select X3 Ford P/N 3000 from Select SCT device drop down box. Select Device update software from Select software type drop down box. This is the program needed to load custome tunes on your X3. After you down load that program go back to same website repeat the process above except select windows device drivers instead of Device update software from Select software type drop down box. this should get you going in the right direction. Good luck. What tunes did you get?

#5 ·
I think my tuner having a blank screen isn't helping. I sent a message to sct and an email to ID. Maybe they can point me in the right direction. I think I need to walk away from the computer. But I did take the day off work for this. I got street, aggressive street, and aggressive tow.

#6 ·
Yea, Im trying to do the same thing right now. My new laptop has the 64 bit version of Windows Vista. Hopefully your not running that OS because if you are, I think we are screwed. Software does not load. Talked with SCT tech support and they are "working on it" for 64-bit Vista, but according to some of the forums, they have been "working on it" for the past two years or so. :doh:

#8 ·
So when you plug the USB cable in, your screen lights up, but doesn't display the main menu...?

#10 ·
Kind of a long shot, but did u try pressing and holding the cancel button to see if you were still in firmware mode...If that doesn't work, give SCT tech support a call. I was on the phone with them already twice today about my Vista issue.

#11 ·
Try it on another XP machine if you have one. I had the same issue, the screen would light up but would be blank. I wound up installing it all again on my wife's laptop and it worked first time. Not sure what happened but apparently my home computer didnt like something...

#13 ·
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped me. I got it working I had the wrong firmware and a couple other minor glitches. The guys at innovative got me on the right track with a few emails. Thanks to all that helped. This thing is crazy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.