Chug? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Chug?

I put stage one injectors from Hypermax, the truck idling and driving has an intermitting chug it appears come and go. So far i've only have driven only about half of a tank. I've heard its takes about 1 to 2 tanks to get it out and bigger than stock sticks its more apperaent than on stockers. Is this air in the fuel system still? How long does it take to get out of the system? And if there’s air in the system is this the symptom for it?

Anyone????

Last edited by BIGG D; 03-09-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2009, 05:42 AM
Banned

Anyone have any input?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
did you get your chip retuned for your injectors?
Old 03-10-2009, 08:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
you wont need to retune for stage ones, if you went half a tank, it should take about 100ish miles to get all the air out of the system..the chugging, shaking feeling could be an injector issue. did you install them yourself?...what did you tq them too?...did you clean out the holes/threads that the injector retainer threads into?

when you first start the truck up does it smoke at all?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Banned

I installed myself and belive i torqued them to 25 ftlbs i think i reall didnt clean the hole where the retainer bolts went into.

The truck really doesnt smoke when i start it up but it has a haze
Old 03-10-2009, 11:11 AM

My truck acted up after we put Hypermax stg 1s in it and then had to put another set in the truck because it was shake going down the road on and off. We finally got it lined out after 2 sets of injectors. Then a few wks later the FICM went bad.

Jake
Old 03-10-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGG D View Post
I installed myself and belive i torqued them to 25 ftlbs i think i reall didnt clean the hole where the retainer bolts went into.

The truck really doesnt smoke when i start it up but it has a haze
well stock is 26ft lbs..mine are torqued to 30lbs..i did that with the added pressure from the nitrous i didnt need them to lift. my friend just installed a pair of 170s and he didnt clean the holes, his injector lifted, ate up the o ring and destroyed the injector. haze at idle is sorta normal, im not too sure about the hypermaxs..you should really clean them holes out, it could get ugly if you dont.

like 2fast2reid said he got ir right the 2nd time. like i said i dont know how hyper max does it but remember some places are using core charges to build injectors, you could have maybe a bad one..if you know anyone with AE you could have a contribution test done and see if that tells you anything. or maybe have the dealer do a buzz test, mainly the buzz test is for spool valves but who knows..i would also check and see if you see any oil coming out of the glow plug holes.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03f250stroke View Post
you wont need to retune for stage ones,

Yea you do. There is no way that the truck's computer is going to be able to account for the extra 15mm^3 of fuel that is there by no blow off valve on the injectors. Second, I ran a tune that was made for stock injectors and the truck ran like crap and I have stage 1s, not performance stage 1's either(although technically they supposedly flow the same amount). He'll need to re-tune.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:27 PM

my truck did the same thing when I loaded my old extreme street tune with my new injectors and fuel system. Seems like it only gave me a problem when i would start it up in the morning after the truck sat. Factory torque is 26ft lbs. I believe elite ask's to torque theres down to 36ft. lbs but every companies diffrent. Evans right about oil being in those holes. My truck made it about 150 miles and this happaned I have also noticed under normal driving conditions the truck will idle diffrent when you get out of it but thats just do to the bigger injectors.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex25025 View Post
Yea you do. There is no way that the truck's computer is going to be able to account for the extra 15mm^3 of fuel that is there by no blow off valve on the injectors. Second, I ran a tune that was made for stock injectors and the truck ran like crap and I have stage 1s, not performance stage 1's either(although technically they supposedly flow the same amount). He'll need to re-tune.
like i said im not sure about hypermax injectors..my friends 275s run with stock programing..there are plenty of trucks running bigger injectors without retunes..my post was simple..you wont have to retune for stage ones...its not rocket science but you should get a new tune for more fuel that is there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.