bullydog dominator - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bullydog dominator

i have a friend that has one of the bullydog dyno dominator module's w/ outlook monitor brand new in box he will sell me for 350 or 400.00 is it worth it? it was very hard to dig up info on the web but bullydog did email me the pdf install manual and a little info. the unit has 3 settings stock, 70hp and 140hp, will it wreck my truck?
I was also wondering if anyone on here has any experiance with the piece, i am looking for more power when towing and mostly fuel mileage as i travel alot empty. will this unit do that?
Let me know what you guys think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2009, 04:56 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
I personally have no experience with it, but as far as the 6.0L goes, the SCT is by far the superior product. It not only tunes the motor but it also tunes the tranny. I would not waste my money on the bullydog, the tunes are not custom tunes and does nothing for your tranny! If it was me I would be very afraid of it, but that is just my opinion. I am sure there will be others who will tell you the same thing. I would go with the SCT with custom tuning and a set of gauges. I will promise you that your truck will love you much more and probably longer, no guarantee, but probably.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i would not put anything else on a 6.0L than a custom tuned SCT.... nothing else will compare to it....

i would say over 90% of people that are tuning their 6.0L on forums are running some sort of custom tunes and the majority is a SCT....

for 429.00 you can get a SCT X3 with 3 custom innovative tunes.... it sure will beat that BD in every way....

if you need any more info feel free to ask

-Raul
Old 03-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

well i think you guys are right, i got rid of the pos edge so want something quality that wont wreck my truck. raul pm me some pricing on the sct and a gauge set, i liked the edge monitor feature do you sell the outlook monitor or quad comander?
Old 03-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilesolutionswi View Post
well i think you guys are right, i got rid of the pos edge so want something quality that wont wreck my truck. raul pm me some pricing on the sct and a gauge set, i liked the edge monitor feature do you sell the outlook monitor or quad comander?
if you liked the edge monitor you would love the edge insight.. its exactly the same thing but a stand a lone gauge unit... its actually better than what you could read on the juice....

ill pm you prices of both

-Raul
Old 03-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i have an insight on my dodge 6.7 but i will have to also buy a 100.00 egt probe to make it work. i already have a standard egt probe installed.
raul i am also looking for a tuner for my dodge 6.7, i want something that will not through the truck into regen all the time, i tow a 35' 5th wheel and have a big cross country trip planner this summer. let me know if you have any ideas about that.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:19 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilesolutionswi View Post
YES!!!! Another one saved!!!!! Welcome to the world of custom tuning! You will NOT be sorry!
Old 03-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

well my local diesel shop says not to go with an sct but to go with a diablo preditor or bullydog. i think that is because they are not familiar with the sct unit. i gona give it a try and see how it goes with the sct who knows maybe i can show them another product to offer their customers.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

raul what about the sct dashscan monitor w/ egt probe? shoot me a package price on the x3 and that also.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have the Diablosport Predator on my truck, I have noticed that since I had it updated my tranny shifts too soft 3-4 on the 100hp setting.
I am leaving it on the 40hp tow setting untill I can get an SCT.

I tried leaving the tunes right out but when I do that it feels like somebody replaced my motor with some pedals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.