what programmer/tuner to buy??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what programmer/tuner to buy???

hey guys just got a 06 6.0 and am looking at getting a programmer for it, im going to put 4 in straight exhaust on it soon then a programmer, what is a good one to get, note that im not going to be entering in truck pulls or drag racing it for a living i just want something to tune for some good fuel mileage and a good towing tune and a high perf tune for messing with ricers and other jokers. my buddy has a edge juice with attitude on his 6.0 and thinks its the only thing to have which it is nice but i kind of want something differnent then hes got. i want something simple and easy to use that dont have to reflash when i want to switch to a differnent tune similiar to the edge juice. ive heard of alot of folks using the sct. anyways some information on what is what on these programmers would definetly be of help to me thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2009, 11:42 AM

I just got a SCT X3 delivered today with custom tuning from Innovative Diesel. Every one on this site will most likely tell to go that way. Maybe I would too don’t know Haven’t tried it out yet.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
SCT with custom tunes is the only thing i woudl put on a 6.0L...

trust me get an X3 with an extreme tune and you will blow your friend out of the water.. then he will be wanting one...

here is a link: SCT X3 Custom Innovative Diesel Tunning

im sure everyone will agree that the SCT is the best choice for a 6.0L... if you have any questions please feel free to ask

-Raul
Old 02-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Very simple.........SCT
Old 02-25-2009, 12:38 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
SCT Xcal 3 by innovative diesel
Old 02-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEPHERD-06 View Post
Very simple.........SCT
Oh yeah, you can't go wrong with Raul@Stealth for the SCT + gauges and Eric@Innovative for the tuning.
I ordered mine from Raul monday night and it showed up today. Great service.
Eric has my strategy right now for my custom tunes.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to jhaddox
edge WILL toast your trans...the sct tunes the trans along with the engine...its whats gonna make your truck last the longest...and the tuning possibilites are endless, you can get a tune wrote for whatever you want it to do
Old 02-25-2009, 10:30 PM

whats better about the SCT than an edge, my buddies always talking **** because sct is just "plug and play" and he absolutely hates plug and play. for whatever reason i dont know., does the sct warn you when egts get high or boost is getting too high things like that? im not really sure how they work, do you have to reflash the pcm every time you change a tune? can you changes tunes on the fly??? can someone explain how the sct works vs the edge system. thanks
Old 02-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazard View Post
whats better about the SCT than an edge, my buddies always talking **** because sct is just "plug and play" and he absolutely hates plug and play. for whatever reason i dont know., does the sct warn you when egts get high or boost is getting too high things like that? im not really sure how they work, do you have to reflash the pcm every time you change a tune? can you changes tunes on the fly??? can someone explain how the sct works vs the edge system. thanks
the diff is night and day... he is running regular tunes that edge makes to please thousands of customers.. .the SCT gets custom tuned to your mods and your truck in mind.... their is no comparison...

it is not shift on the fly... and it does have to reflash your PCM every time your going to change tunes... but.. you do NOT want shift on the fly.. the 5R100 trans has a learning curve so when you shift to a diff power setting it has to relearn that power setting... it could take several hundred miles to have it properly relearn the power curve...

if he is running the juice that thing has no trans tuning...

trust us when we say it is a night and day diff from a SCT X3 with custom tunes and his edge... buy the SCT and you will see that after you spank your buddy with the edge hes going to want one too....

hope that helps

-Raul
Old 02-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Emergency Services

What tune do you run on normally. I want the power but fuel economy is important. Mine is a daily driver and I count on it. I want to be able to tow a 30ft 5th wheel and be able to show off for those people who try to pass me on the right. lol. But safety for the truck is of upmost concern. I dont want to replace anything that gets broke because too much power was added when the motor couldnt handle it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.