question about a SCT? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
question about a SCT?

Okay, so when I delete my egr cooler they say you have to have a SCT to get the light to go off on the dash for a 05 6.0. My question is that there are three different SCT's I could find online. Just wondering if you have to have a certain one for the egr deletion? Will the SCT X-CAL 3 work for this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2009, 12:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

yes, any are suppose to work. The SCT sf3 comes with canned tunes, one SCT come bare (no tunes) and the sct x2 is a older version. All can take programers from the sct tuner guys, your pick. I plan to try out Cale's tunes when i finnally get an SCT. I have been outbid 3 times in the last second on flea bay trying to buy a SCT
Old 02-25-2009, 01:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerryan View Post
Okay, so when I delete my egr cooler they say you have to have a SCT to get the light to go off on the dash for a 05 6.0.

Not every one thrus a code for the EGR delete, so you don't necessarily have to get one. Mine never thru a code, much less caused the light to come on. I've known a couple of 04 trucks to do the same. However, if it does throw the light then you will need to turn it off.

It's going to be hard finding an x2 anymore, that would be the one that I would actually get as that seems to have less issues then the x3(although issues are minimal, just more of a frustation then anything from what I remember). x3's I think are all custom tuners now, I don't think they have any that have canned tunes unless you use ebay or something like that and managed to get the older 3015 part numbers, if you buy new I think they are all blank and ready for custom tunes, if not you can convert them(all except the ones that just do 1 tune, like the economy one etc).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.