new to forum new to diesel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 04:44 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new to forum new to diesel

just got 04 f250 with the 6.0, ordered exhaust and edge juice platinum tuner and all that jazz truck already came with k&n cai,10in lift and 37's, my main question is been going over the tuner debates on this forum and others....i might be missing somthing but this is how im digesting the info....the sct reprograms the truck transmission to keep it from hurting its self more or less, but does not defuel the truck if it is hurting itself, the edge sences transmission temp and slippage and will defuel the truck to keep it from hurting itself yet does not reporgram the tranny?....i mean that seems to be the jist of what im reading or am i completly missing something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

welcome to the org. definately get rid of the edge. it WILL smoke your tranny. the sct is much safer on it and a lot better tuner. the sct tunes your trans for the better and the edge does not i believe. it just defuels. oh yeah, get rid of the k&n filter too. it will dust your turbo/motor
Old 02-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Welcome to the ORG!
Old 02-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

welcome!! get rid of the edge everyone i have ever heard that buys one just turns around and sells it. if you get an sct your options will be much grater down the road because you can have custom tunes on it. you might not care now but down the road im betting you will! good luck with the truck and welcome to the org. Does it have head studs or anything like that done to it yet? OR is it just stock?
Old 02-21-2009, 05:15 PM

im assuming stock, the only mods to it that i know of are the intake and lift, not sure though....its got some get up and go which i didn't think it would with the 37's but my speedo is 0ff 6mph and there is chrome diff covers....don't think its been regeared though at 60 im pulling 1500ish rpm
Old 02-21-2009, 05:47 PM
back to business

Old 02-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Welcome to the Org bud... agree with everything that Jeff said... if you have any questions let me know

-Raul
Old 02-21-2009, 07:30 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
Welcome to the Org! It seems that these guys have beat me to the SCT speech already. The Edge does nothing for your tranny except trash it, IMHO. The SCT will not only tune the motor but it also tunes the tranny. You will want to get custom tuning. By custom tuning, I mean tunes that are written for your specific truck, its mods, your driving style and your specific driving needs such as towing, daily driving or race needs. You will also need a set of gauges unless you go with the Livewire but it is big and bulky. The SCT xCal3, with a set of gauges is a better choice IMHO. I am sure that if you check with any of the vendors here on the site they will work with you in a getting you a good deal on a package deal worked out for the whole thing. There are also very good tuners out there and I am sure there will be others chime in about who they use as their tuners. I have run tunes from just about everyone and they all have good tunes. Some are just better than others in their own way. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions. As for the intake put your stocker back on, if you have it. It will flow all the air you need and filter just as good as any aftermarket, IMHO. The only time you really need to go aftermarket is when you start to get up in the higher HP ranges. Good luck in your search for knowledge and power and again welcome to the Org!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.