03 stock injectors, how much HP? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 stock injectors, how much HP?

I am new to this entire FORD POWER build up stuff. Give me a Cummins and I can make power. I have an 03 Ford 6.0 with aftermarket intercooler, exhaust, water meth, intake and intake elbo, studs, firering heads, ATS Full Race Tranny ect.... With a good tuner and STOCK INJECTORS with STOCK TURBO, what do you think I can get HP wise out of here? Then with a good AFTERMARKET TURBO and STOCK INJECTORS with good tuner what can I get HP wise out of here? Just looking for some help people. Thank you

HP WITH STOCK TURBO, STOCK INJECTORS AND GOOD TUNER?

HP WITH GOOD AFTERMARKET TURBO, STOCK INJECTORS AND GOOD TUNER?

Then, if I would get aftermarket injectors, who would you go with, what size for towing and playing and why? Thank you..... Need to make my decision this week or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2009, 04:04 PM

Anybody..............
Old 02-20-2009, 04:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to jhaddox
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukcaln View Post
I am new to this entire FORD POWER build up stuff. Give me a Cummins and I can make power. I have an 03 Ford 6.0 with aftermarket intercooler, exhaust, water meth, intake and intake elbo, studs, firering heads, ATS Full Race Tranny ect.... With a good tuner and STOCK INJECTORS with STOCK TURBO, what do you think I can get HP wise out of here?SCT tuner with custom tuning...is your best bet for stock injectors and turbo, you can add nitrous to that to get a little more but thats about it till you add more fuel Then with a good AFTERMARKET TURBO and STOCK INJECTORS with good tuner what can I get HP wise out of here?the turbo will help a little but your at the limit with injectors so you need more fuel to be able to push higher numbers Just looking for some help people. Thank you

HP WITH STOCK TURBO, STOCK INJECTORS AND GOOD TUNER? 410-420

HP WITH GOOD AFTERMARKET TURBO, STOCK INJECTORS AND GOOD TUNER?

Then, if I would get aftermarket injectors, who would you go with, what size for towing and playing and why?190cc Casserly injectors are a good tow injector and their good for playing after your done too...they shoot enough to keep your egts from climbing high and they keep the smoke down for a daily driver...if you do injectors your gonna want a turbo id go with a 62/70 non-vgt, it will still have good spool up but you will get away from the vgt Thank you..... Need to make my decision this week or so.
all my replies are in red...and if your gonna up the fuel with injectors get an ITP reg return and a fuel system to get rid of the dead head problem and wont ruin your injectors...id do a ITP regulated return, an airdog air/fuel seperator and a raptor 150 gph pump and youll be good to go

other guys will prob shoot their opinions too...w/e u do good luck with it
Old 02-20-2009, 04:35 PM

What do you think, stage I or stage II injectors. Are 190cc too much for tow and daily driving and some street playing. It has the aftermarket fuel regulator and raptor pump. Right now the injectors are out and I have the option for new stockers, stage I hypermax or the stage II 190cc. I plan on getting a aftermarket non vgt turbo in the near future. I am jst not sure if 190cc are too big for everyday driving, towing ect.......
Old 02-20-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
What do you think, stage I or stage II injectors. Are 190cc too much for tow and daily driving and some street playing. It has the aftermarket fuel regulator and raptor pump. Right now the injectors are out and I have the option for new stockers, stage I hypermax or the stage II 190cc. I plan on getting a aftermarket non vgt turbo in the near future. I am jst not sure if 190cc are too big for everyday driving, towing ect.......
i have 190cc as a daily driver...their fine...and fun...alot of guys use them as towing injectors too...just get a tow tune wrote from one of the custom tuners around that tune SCT...id recomend Eric at Innovative...hes the one that did mine and their good tunes...your egt's wont get to high with the 190's towing either...elite and Ryan Casserly/Full Force Diesel both make good injectors
Old 02-20-2009, 04:44 PM

are hypermax good injectors?
Old 02-20-2009, 05:01 PM

when did you get this truck? thought you were looking for a obs? post some pics man
Old 02-20-2009, 05:25 PM

Got the truck the other day, it was my buddies 03. Did 420hp with predator programmer, 190cc injectors and stock turbo. Has heads work, studs, fuel system, water meth, ats trans, after market cooler, 5" exhaust, 4.88 gears 40" tires.
YouTube - Ford F-Series
Check out the dyno run. Inj took a dump, pulled them all and #8 was bad, I have a set of new stockers. These are the 190cc hypermax. Called them and they are going to fix. Less than 1k miles on them. So i figured since all of the injectors are out I need to make a decision, stockers, stay 190cc or have them work them over to stage 1 50hp cc??? I know I am getting a turbo soon. Just trying to max the decision, what size injectors. Also i am going to drop to 38" tires. Check out the dyno run. Its my truck know. Bought it with a bad injector, I knew it was, divorce sale. Got it for under 14k and two quads. What do you think..... could not pass it up for that price, and i never used the quads. Video says 04, that was a type O....
Old 02-20-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Got the truck the other day, it was my buddies 03. Did 420hp with predator programmer, 190cc injectors and stock turbo. Has heads work, studs, fuel system, water meth, ats trans, after market cooler, 5" exhaust, 4.88 gears 40" tires.
YouTube - Ford F-Series
Check out the dyno run. Inj took a dump, pulled them all and #8 was bad, I have a set of new stockers. These are the 190cc hypermax. Called them and they are going to fix. Less than 1k miles on them. So i figured since all of the injectors are out I need to make a decision, stockers, stay 190cc or have them work them over to stage 1 50hp cc??? I know I am getting a turbo soon. Just trying to max the decision, what size injectors. Also i am going to drop to 38" tires. Check out the dyno run. Its my truck know. Bought it with a bad injector, I knew it was, divorce sale. Got it for under 14k and two quads. What do you think..... could not pass it up for that price, and i never used the quads. Video says 04, that was a type O....
id chuck the predator and get a custom tuned sct for the 190's...there are people makin 410 on just a tune with sct...the injectors will bump you up a little then throw a turbo on it and you'll have some nice numbers
Old 02-20-2009, 09:28 PM
back in the saddle

I made 412/790 with stock injectors/turbo with an SCT Xcal tuner running Innovative's Extreme race file. I've got a non vgt industrial injection 62/70 on the way which should be good for another 20-30 hp with stock injectors. Throw a set of 190cc injectors in and I should be looking in the neighborhood of 500 rwhp (with proper tuning of course). You will need a full fuel system to run upgraded injectors. I would not go any larger than 190cc's on a street driven daily driver truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.