Stock 6.0 looking for some extra ponies - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stock 6.0 looking for some extra ponies

I have a stock 03 6.0 Crewcab right now. I love driving that truck. Right now I'm a highschool student so moneys a bit tight for me untill my real job starts up again or I pass my final tests and get into the fire department. Anyways

A few questions for all of you:

My first priority is to replace my busted up grill ( some idiot with a hummer hit it while I was inside my school and drove off) so I'd like to replace that. How much do you guys think a stock one runs? Its the grey plastic looking one with a chrome bar vertically on each side. (its a larriat if it makes a diffrence)

After that I'd be nice to put some better parts on. What would you guys recomend as a brand for a cold air intake?

Whats a good brand and were can I find a boost gauge ( murrays and auto value don't even have one for small cars)

Anything else that won't break the bank?

Finaly I hate my stock headlights. I leave my brights on and passing cars don't even notice the diffrence. With a 40 set of bulbs solve this or something else?

Thanks all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i would go ahead and update to a 05 front end since its busted up anyway
Old 02-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Whats involved in that process? I head something about having to cut deeper wells for the lights?

The lights and grill are a priority to me. Everything else can wait till I see if my old man lets me keep this truck after I turn 19 next year
Old 02-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by duzzyman View Post
I have a stock 03 6.0 Crewcab right now. I love driving that truck. Right now I'm a highschool student so moneys a bit tight for me untill my real job starts up again or I pass my final tests and get into the fire department. Anyways

A few questions for all of you:

My first priority is to replace my busted up grill ( some idiot with a hummer hit it while I was inside my school and drove off) so I'd like to replace that. How much do you guys think a stock one runs? Its the grey plastic looking one with a chrome bar vertically on each side. (its a larriat if it makes a diffrence)

After that I'd be nice to put some better parts on. What would you guys recomend as a brand for a cold air intake?

Whats a good brand and were can I find a boost gauge ( murrays and auto value don't even have one for small cars)

Anything else that won't break the bank?

Finaly I hate my stock headlights. I leave my brights on and passing cars don't even notice the diffrence. With a 40 set of bulbs solve this or something else?

Thanks all

dont buy intake its a waste unless your over 500rwhp. just adjust your headlights up to solve that problem. im sure somebody on here can find you a grill. and good luck with the college course for firefighting. my friend took it and the day he got in the instructor said you have no life now lol. they are there all day and have to run everywhere they go lol. its worth it though.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:38 PM

I've got an 03 lariat front end i'd sell. PM me if your interested!! Gauges I would check out eBay (not trying to hijack any of our sponsors) I picked mine up for $285 shipped to my door (pyro, boost, tranny & gauge pod).. AFE w/a dry filter is your best choice for an air intake. I'd put an EGR delete somewhere on that list & an SCT X3 from one of our sponsors!! This is just my I hope this helps!! PM me with any ????
Old 02-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxracer42 View Post
dont buy intake its a waste unless your over 500rwhp. just adjust your headlights up to solve that problem. im sure somebody on here can find you a grill. and good luck with the college course for firefighting. my friend took it and the day he got in the instructor said you have no life now lol. they are there all day and have to run everywhere they go lol. its worth it though.
Yea I'm a junior at my local department. College is just for the day job.

Golfer what do you want for the grill. I'm pretty broke right now just trying to put gas in the damn thing week to week.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:46 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Save the air intake for later, you got other more important mods to do. Keep reading here and asking questions, take notes on your "mod list" so you can see what all that fire fightin' is going to do to your truck.

Stay safe!
Old 02-17-2009, 04:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to BlackPearlF250
Quote:
Originally Posted by duzzyman View Post
Yea I'm a junior at my local department. College is just for the day job.

Golfer what do you want for the grill. I'm pretty broke right now just trying to put gas in the damn thing week to week.

correction: "fuel" not "gas" lol just givin ya a hard time. got my guages off ebay for around 250. great deal. the a piller pod fit great. id suggest the 05 front end as well. thats what im trying to find.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Premium Member

As said before dont waste your time with cold air intake, its good for about 500 horse. Do a search on the 05 conversion there is alot of info.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearlF250 View Post
correction: "fuel" not "gas" lol just givin ya a hard time. got my guages off ebay for around 250. great deal. the a piller pod fit great. id suggest the 05 front end as well. thats what im trying to find.
Damn I correct my mum all the time when she talks about my truck. Enough to the point she doesn't talk about it anymore unless I park it in her way. haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.