Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Cales Tunes?

5K views 51 replies 24 participants last post by  94f250 
#1 ·
I remember reading a thread a little while ago and people said they were getting his tune soon and wanted to compare them to Innovatives. Just wondering if people actually got around to ordering and if could respond with their thoughts comments on how they like them? I am thinkin of orderin one.

#2 ·
I run cales extreme tune.... But i have never ran innovatives.... He only charges $25 i think its worth every penny.... Way better than DJs Looney Wild tune

#3 ·
I know Granny said she tried one out and thought it was on par with Innovative's as far as power and tranny shifting goes. She was impressed IIRC. I keep meaning to try out one of his files, but I think I'm going to wait just a bit longer now, got some new goodies on the way and I'll have to get my current tunes adjusted anyway.

#4 ·
I have been running Cale's tunes on my truck for around 70,000 miles and love them! They also seem to get great mileage in my truck. For $25 they are pretty cheap in price compared to some of the other vendor's tunes. I would recommend his tunes to anyone

Jake

#7 ·
I'm running a DETUNED tune from Cale and it's a good tune.

I needed the fueling turned down because of my large injectors and me towing so I figured I'd give him a try....shifting on his tunes is great and next he wants to send me a race tune and see how it runs:thumb:.

#9 ·
I just ordered his, Hot-street tune and the Extreme tune. Cant wait to try them out.

#11 ·
does his extreme tune smoke much?

#12 ·
How long did it take your tranny to get used to his tunes? I had his tune on for 2 days and about 40 to 50 miles and I took it off cause the shifting was freakin horrible.

#13 ·
Doesnt smoke at all once turbo is spooled... Just one big cloud than it is clean....

Tranny learned after maybe 10 miles... Prolly 3-4 times through the gears... Shifting is awesome

#15 ·
I will. Hes a really busy guy, takes him like 3 days to respond to emails.

#17 ·
Thanks for the input guys!!

#18 ·
I got my X3 from him last week!! They run Awsome!! I've never ran anyone else's tunes but it's a night & day difference from my old Edge Juice Platinum!! He has to be one of the busiest guys in the business but it's worth the wait!! I'm running his 60hp tow, 90hp Economy tune, 140+ Extreme Tune.. My EGT stay in check I've only hit the high 1300's for a few sec's at WOT on the 140+!!! Boost is around 30-35, Tranny shifts Awsome & i'm getting better MPG!! He's working on tweaking a couple of my tunes for me as we speak!!! He get's my vote!!!:thumb:

#19 ·
what tunes does he offer? Figured I would ask here instead of emailing him so I dont have to email him 2wice:) I dont have studs so I wonder if the extreme file will be ok?

#20 ·
Yep It will be fine, i'm not studded either!! I asked him about it & he said unless I just had the money and wanted to do it it wasn't really a necesity unless your gonna try & break the 500+HP mark... If your truck is studded & EGR Completely Deleted he can put a lot more juice to your truck!!! He told me just to run it till it takes a Sh!t and then worry about it!!! :thumb:

#39 ·
I disagree with that strategy. Do what you want but if you stud and block off or delete EGR now, it's a few grand and you may never have problems (slap on a coolant filter for good measure). If you just go like hell until it blows up then you're looking at studs, EGR, and likely heads ($$$), oil cooler ($$), and who knows what else depending on how hot it gets.

#21 ·
Thats what I wanted to hear hoosiergolfer. Got to email him now.

#22 ·
Sounds great guys, I put my order in today for a tow tunem a aggressive street tune and the extreme tune. Hope to get it by tomorrow night. I can't wait to get in a feel his tunes.

#23 ·
Yea I ordered the xtreme tune also...hope to get it soon:nod:

#27 ·
I got his Extreme 140 NON Studed tune and I love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.