Chepest way for more fuel??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Chepest way for more fuel???

I am having studs and an egr delete done within the next week. When I get that done I am going to order a stud tune from Eric or Cale. I want to be sure I have plenty of fuel pressure when I am running them. So what are your suggestions, and I am trying to keep a budget. I looked at the ITP Regulatd Reutrn, but I just don't see how it can help me supply more fuel. I may be wrong. What is the best for the least? FASS, AIRDOG, Regulated Reutrn, Fuel pump????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2009, 01:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to FastFocus
subscribed.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:32 PM

ITP regulated return and FASS run you both about the same as far as parts price by themselves. RR kit will increase pressure, but it does something that it's even better at and that is it makes sure that there is a constant supply of fuel to all 8 injectors, particularly those in the rear.

I would(and I am) run a FASS system with a RR kit as the FASS system doesn't do as good of a job of dealing with the dead-heading(rear injectors not getting enough fuel) as ITP's RR kit does. It is a little tricky getting them both to play along with each other, but it's worth it having both of those together and that'll get you ready if you wanted to do bigger injectors.

Definately do an in-cab fuel psi gauge as the one that comes with the RR kit stays under the hood and for obvious reasons doesn't do you much good driving down the road occasionally(yea right) hitting WOT.

If it's a choice of one, I would do the RR kit.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:10 PM

Will the RR kit keep me plenty of fuel? I only have enough to do one, but I will have the cab off!! To be honest there is this cummins that keeps calling me out and everybody knows to stay away from him, but I am about to shut him down! I may give him some funny gas if I can do it without him finding out.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy650 View Post
Will the RR kit keep me plenty of fuel? I only have enough to do one, but I will have the cab off!! To be honest there is this cummins that keeps calling me out and everybody knows to stay away from him, but I am about to shut him down! I may give him some funny gas if I can do it without him finding out.

The RR kit has you upping the pressure to 60 psi, which is the same pressure that the FASS can handle if you have them put in the heavy duty spring(FASS by default sends the 50 psi spring, why I don't know). In other words, the RR kit will up the pressure to the same amount as a FASS will, but once you add injectors, you'll have to add an a/m pump as the stocker won't make it(mine didn't make it past 2 months and I have mild modified injectors).

If your going to be dragging it though, make sure you put in that gauge. The thing that the RR kit will do is that it'll make sure that those rear injectors aren't starved(which will cost you hp) whereis the FASS can't make that promise and if you go the FASS route and drag it and it doesn't keep those rear injectors happy, then you might be getting cylinder contribution/balance errors on 7 and 8.

Knowing what your trying to do now with trying to drag her, it makes it hard, I can make arguments for either one by themselves.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:44 PM

You make the RR sound the best, which is waht most people have told me to do. I just don't have alot to spend and I want to make sure I get it right the first time!
Old 02-12-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
be sure to get video when you do
Old 02-12-2009, 06:18 PM

Hey jamz, do you still have that nos kit for sale? If I can get my parts for cheap enough I may be interested in it. I want it bad but without the other mods I don't think it will do me any good. There was a guy in a SS camaro other day at my buddies house that said he was going looking for a victim, it was all I could do to bite my tongue.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
I just don't have alot to spend and I want to make sure I get it right the first time!
I understand that totally. They both have their good points, I just think all in all the RR comes out ahead if your still keeping it relatively stock as far as fuel needs go(not doing modified injectors).

Make sure you get the latest "kill" on video as well. I would be looking forward to seeing that.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Hey jamz, do you still have that nos kit for sale? If I can get my parts for cheap enough I may be interested in it. I want it bad but without the other mods I don't think it will do me any good. There was a guy in a SS camaro other day at my buddies house that said he was going looking for a victim, it was all I could do to bite my tongue.
yeah i still have it. let me know if your interested
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.