Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

MAP sensor

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  junior125 
#1 ·
Is there an aftermarket MAP sensor for these trucks, kinda like putting a 3 Bar sensor on a turbo car? :wall:

#2 ·
None that I am aware of... I can say that the way your powerstroke handles the MAF sensor readings and the way that a turbo gasoline car handle the MAF are completely different. There would be nothing to gain by altering the MAF ( to my knowledge ). With that said, I have actually installed a block off plate on my intake and voided the MAF readings from the PCM all together.

Only reason I did this is because I was getting a code for the MAF reading and didn't feel like properly correcting it; so I deleted it. :D

#4 ·
Huh??? He asked about MAP, not MAF.

"Rich is really good with knobs, his soft touch and attention to detail are like no other."-Portcity_gt

#3 ·
I've wondered this also, need to talk to a tuner to see if they can change the settings in the PCM. IDK if it would help tuning or not but it would be nice for data logging from the cts.

#8 ·
The MAP sensor is 3 bar so it will only read correctly to 29 psi at sea level and the ebp sensor pegs at 37 psi. If a tuner could allow for a 5 bar map and ebp tuning could be further refined for big vgts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.