H&S on a 6.0? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2014, 08:08 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S on a 6.0?

Ok before I'm told get an sct I already have one. I know someone who ran a xrt pro on his bone stock 6.0 6-speed. I'm just curious if anyone else out there has ran one and what your experience was with it.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm running one. Truck came with the unit, and so far I really enjoy it. I like the guage display also. I mainly just leave it on the mild tune with no issues. They say shift on the fly isn't good for the 6.0 trans, so I don't mess with it. I have once or twice put it on the hot tune, just to see what it's got. Never tried the sct tunes, but I can say on the hot tune, the truck moves.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:11 PM

It being a 6-speed I'd imagine you could throw any tune on it. At the time i had an sct, 4" tb, afe intake, little stuff. And it was bone stock besides the tuner on its hottest tune and it ran way faster than mine did. Pulled away from me going up a hill
Old 08-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

True, 6 speed and shift on the fly shouldn't be an issue I wouldn't think. I honestly thought about selling the h&s (I know I can get a good amount of money for the h&s) and getting an sct. But I'm pretty content with my h&s, and it doesn't smoke at all, not even a haze. Coming from a common rail 5.9 with smarty tuning, and then efilive tuning, I'm happy to see no smoke on a hot tune.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Premium Member

Curious but coming from the 6.7 cummins with an H&S (which now adays is a total price gouged piece of equipment) the shift on the fly isnt really a true shift on the fly per say. Atleast on those trucks it will change a few things but overall the tune that is loaded to the truck is what the truck runs off of. Changing on the fly just changed a little fueling or something. I cant recall exactly what it was, someone that programs with them would have to chime in with the details.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah, not quite sure what all is changed in the tunes. Most likely more timing and fuel on the higher settings. I wish I could borrow a buddies SCT just for the trans tuning, but don't think that's an option.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Anyone had the opportunity to compare the SCT to the H&S? JDiamond I know you have a little experience with the 2 programmers..
Old 08-14-2014, 01:36 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Iv ran both, I had a black maxx and switched over to an sct. The h&s canned tunes were better then sct canned tunes but when I got custom tunes for the sct there was a difference such as lower egts and slight power difference. If your staying pretty much stock I would go with h&s but if your doing performance stuff turbo injectors stuff like that stay with sct. My truck was a 6 speed as well
Old 08-14-2014, 09:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Good to know yeeyee. I think I'll just stick with my H&S then... No plans on making big power.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:01 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
No probablem. I think you will be just as happy with h&s as you would sct
The Following User Says Thank You to Yeeyee87 For This Useful Post:
EKSPowerstroke (08-15-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.