Livewire TS not allowing to exit gauge mode - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2014, 07:55 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Livewire TS not allowing to exit gauge mode

Ive had my livewire a little over a year now and it will not let me exit the gauge mode. Ive tried to unplug and replug the damn thing but when it starts up it automatialliy goes back to the gauge mode. Im stuck on looney wild and I need to tow with my truck... very frustrated sct is closed wondering if anybody has had same issue

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Can you do an update on it? There was one release about a month or so ago. Give that a try if you can.

-Rodger
The Following User Says Thank You to marjamar For This Useful Post:
Heavy_GD (08-09-2014)
Old 08-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Hate to say it but I've been having quite a few of the livewires come back for dumb stuff like this. At this point you're going to have to plug it in to your PC and call SCT and see if they can fix it. If they can't do anything then you're going to have to send the unit back to them and have it fixed.

Most of the times when this has happened to these units I've had to send them back to SCT. I'll normally just unplug the unit, force a reflash through, and give them a new unit till I get the one back from SCT. It's starting to be a real pain in the butt. I'm about to stop selling them...
Old 08-11-2014, 05:35 AM

Just got off the phone with SCT..... Need a new programmer at 240 bucks. Wtf I bought a pos
Old 08-11-2014, 05:51 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Damn... hate to hear that.

So they said it was the tuner screen?
Old 08-11-2014, 05:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06kingranch6-0 View Post
Just got off the phone with SCT..... Need a new programmer at 240 bucks. Wtf I bought a pos
We've been SCT dealers for 9 years. This makes no sense to me. They didn't offer to have you send it to them see if could be repaired? Contact the dealer you bought it from. Let them contact SCT.
Heavy_GD likes this.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:05 AM

I think I have a bigger issue then just my screen.

first - Ive thrown the wrench light twice, and the SCT never displayed any codes.
two - On my BPD install, the harness for on of my injectors wasn't seated properly, so the truck was bumping at idle and stumbling when accelerating, I was chalking it up as air in the fuel/oil lines, well after 50 or so miles of it still doing it, I knew I had further issues. I found the faulty connection, truck smoothed out, but still no codes were thrown.

Not sure if that is common. I didn't think it would have been.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlinedsix View Post
I think I have a bigger issue then just my screen.

first - Ive thrown the wrench light twice, and the SCT never displayed any codes.
two - On my BPD install, the harness for on of my injectors wasn't seated properly, so the truck was bumping at idle and stumbling when accelerating, I was chalking it up as air in the fuel/oil lines, well after 50 or so miles of it still doing it, I knew I had further issues. I found the faulty connection, truck smoothed out, but still no codes were thrown.

Not sure if that is common. I didn't think it would have been.
The Livewire TS does not display any stored codes I have or had on my 6.0. The programming is a mess in many areas. As a manufacturer myself, I can safely say they will either make good on bad product, or they will face all kinds of remediation and/or law suits if enough customers are held-up -- Which is exactly what is happening if a product fails to perform as advertized and no reasonable remediation is offered.

SCT are you listening?

-Rodger
Old 08-11-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYa View Post
We've been SCT dealers for 9 years. This makes no sense to me. They didn't offer to have you send it to them see if could be repaired? Contact the dealer you bought it from. Let them contact SCT.
They said that they do not repair the livewire ts. They will send me a new one when they recieve mine. Pretty messed up.

Vivian at quicktricks is where I bought the device. And she said she couldn't do anything and she has seen it happen before.

Will never purchase an SCT device until they raise the warranty on their products 15 months out of a 550 dollar purchase is absolutely ridiculous.

I'm going to write a letter lol
Old 08-11-2014, 09:33 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm with you on the witch hunt... the problem will be proving the device failed due to a defect not operator error... none the less...

Knowing what you know now... what would buy instead of the Livewire?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.