dropping fuel pressure with 175s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2014, 08:28 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dropping fuel pressure with 175s

Well guys I have been driving the truck with 175/75s for about 4 months now and have been babying the truck. Well I am tired of only being able to use 1/8th of my pedal. If I mash the go pedal 1/4 of the way it instantly drops to 50 psi on TSD's daily street tune. I have only stabbed it to full throttle once and it bottomed out my gauge. I do not have any fuel upgrades other than the injectors. The question I have is do you all think maybe my factory pump is really weak or is it just because I don't have a regulated return? Either way I have to solve this problem. If the factory pump is the culprit an air dog 150, sump, and RR won't solve the problem will it? I want to do a full fuel system but I just don't plan on keeping the truck but another 8 months or so. So I want it fixed right but dependable and I have heard the A 100 and fuel labs tend to be less reliable. What is everyone's thoughts, and before someone says use the search button I would like to state that I have searched and read all the ones relating that I could find dating back to 2007.
Thanks jonathan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2014, 08:31 PM
Serving Our Country!

Sounds like a weak pump, try putting a new factory pump in and see what it does.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:34 PM

That is exactly what I was thinking but I wanted yalls opinions before I dropped $600 on a new one.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Making ported intakes

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I ran the factory pump with a air dog 150 for a while but the factory pump started to die once I went up on injectors. I them did a fuel lab with the air dog. No drops any more
Old 08-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Making ported intakes

I would seriously invest in a fuel system. Regulated return and all. It's a big help and when you have decent sized injectors like you do you should be keeping them fueled and happy
Old 08-07-2014, 09:09 PM

I kind of figure that, but I hate to spend $2000 on a fuel system when I am planning to sell the truck in less than a year. I was hoping a RR, sump, and new hfcm may do the trick. Oliver if u will PM me a price on a set up like what your talking about. Couldnt i get away with out a lift pump.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Making ported intakes

Pm sent bud
Old 08-08-2014, 06:59 AM
Premium Member

I have had those same issues for a year. Bought 2 brand new factory HFCM's and even added a Airdog 150 and it never solved my low pressure issues. I should have my new system with larger lines and Fuelab pump done tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:43 AM

Wow. You have low pressure issues with 155/30s? I never would have guessed that size injector would cause problems.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Premium Member

I don't know why. I bought 2 used factory pumps and it didn't fix it. I put a sump and Airdog 150 and it helped but still dropped into the 20's under WOT. I then replaced the lines from the factory pump to the fuel bowl, no difference. The last thing I did this spring was replace the factory pump with not one, but 2 brand new factory pumps and it didn't help one bit. I finally said screw it and I am in the middle of replacing everything from tank to the engine and back. I must have the thirstiest 155/30's on the planet. Everyone on said it had to be the factory pump, but there is no way I had a total of 5 bad ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.