Need some help on my 03 looking to get dependable performance - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: allen
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need some help on my 03 looking to get dependable performance

2003 f250 6.0
I know there are people out there upgrading their 6.0. So I just wanted to get some input, so i can do the same to mine. Recently the icp sensor went out, so I replaced it but I still have a little leak from there. Because I was not able to torque it down to the right spec. But Iím not worried about that now i just wonít drive her till i get what i want done. I plan on pulling the motor and cleaning it up and making sure everything still in spec. Before i start upgrading now what i want is at least 500 hp but i want it to be dependable. Right now i am in school and veteran so i am on a budget. I would like to get all the parts for the truck before i put her down for a while. So i would like input on where can i get the parts for cheap but quality i have a list of things i am thinking to do right now. Oh and does anyone live in Texas near the Dallas area i live in Allen TX

Metal ipr screen
Turbo oil drain
Oil System Stand Pipe
Dummy plugs read that i donít have them my year
Blue Spring" Upgrade Kit 3C3Z-9T517-AG $64.31
6.0L VGT Turbo Rebuild Kit 03-07 134.81
Sinister Basic 6.0L Solution Package with Sinister EGR Delete Kit, Oil Cooler and Coolant Filter Kit $794.00
SCT iTSX 469.00
Flex-a-lite 272 Diesel Truck Cooling Fan $669.95
Arp studs and stock head gaskets
AFe Blade Runner 3" Intercooler Tube Out; Ford Diesel Trucks 03-07 - 6.0L $179.00
Pillar 3 gauges
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 08-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 5,766
Thanks: 79
Thanked 133 Times in 89 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphermike View Post
2003 f250 6.0

I know there are people out there upgrading their 6.0. So I just wanted to get some input, so i can do the same to mine. Recently the icp sensor went out, so I replaced it but I still have a little leak from there. Because I was not able to torque it down to the right spec. But Iím not worried about that now i just wonít drive her till i get what i want done. I plan on pulling the motor and cleaning it up and making sure everything still in spec. Before i start upgrading now what i want is at least 500 hp but i want it to be dependable. Right now i am in school and veteran so i am on a budget. I would like to get all the parts for the truck before i put her down for a while. So i would like input on where can i get the parts for cheap but quality i have a list of things i am thinking to do right now. Oh and does anyone live in Texas near the Dallas area i live in Allen TX



Metal ipr screen

Turbo oil drain

Oil System Stand Pipe

Dummy plugs read that i donít have them my year

Blue Spring" Upgrade Kit 3C3Z-9T517-AG $64.31

6.0L VGT Turbo Rebuild Kit 03-07 134.81

Sinister Basic 6.0L Solution Package with Sinister EGR Delete Kit, Oil Cooler and Coolant Filter Kit $794.00

SCT iTSX 469.00

Flex-a-lite 272 Diesel Truck Cooling Fan $669.95

Arp studs and stock head gaskets

AFe Blade Runner 3" Intercooler Tube Out; Ford Diesel Trucks 03-07 - 6.0L $179.00

Pillar 3 gauges

These mods should put you in the 430-450RWHP range with a good custom tune.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 08-05-2014, 02:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 127
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I wouldn't waste your money on the electric fans. They don't flow near as much as the factory can so towing and stop and go traffic could be an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 08-05-2014, 04:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 5,766
Thanks: 79
Thanked 133 Times in 89 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need some help on my 03 looking to get dependable performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhead357mag View Post
I wouldn't waste your money on the electric fans. They don't flow near as much as the factory can so towing and stop and go traffic could be an issue.

I know several guys with electric fans that tow, pull competitively and race and have never had an issue.

I have confidence that he would be fine with electric fans and not have the associated issues that some guys have when installing an EGR delete and removing the EGR valve.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-05-2014, 06:05 AM
Making ported intakes

 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Anaheim, Ca
Posts: 1,642
Thanks: 110
Thanked 71 Times in 62 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have a beautiful ported intake that will satisfy your needs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Premium Member

 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,546
Thanks: 124
Thanked 200 Times in 141 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you have a serious goal of 500hp then you are going to have to ditch the stock injectors and turbo (95% of the time).


500hp is pretty easy to reach with a small turbo and injector upgrade. You should not need a tranny of fuel system upgrade and the truck should still spool very fast.

175/stock injectors and a stage 2 turbo (475-515hp)

or

175/stock injectors and a stage 1.5 turbo (450-500hp)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 08-05-2014, 11:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: socal
Posts: 283
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'd ditch that stock intercooler while your at it before you blow the plastic ends out. Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 08-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm in the Mansfield area. Doing injectors and a tuner will get you to the 500 hp you are looking for. According to the numbers on my SCT X4 I should be getting a little over 400 hp and 700 lbs torque. PM if you wanna chat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 08-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: allen
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sorry its taken me so long to get back to you guys yea i was thinking about getting an inter cooler upgrade to but i am working on a budget that kills a lot of things i want to do any other thoughts about all the upgrades i have listed so far and yea part of my fan shroud is busted from belt braking at 80 mph from previous owner and i figure if i can take drag off engine then i can get hp also a lot of car now and days run electric fans maybe i will do more research on that one also just wanted to run this by you guys my buddy says that i can get my stock injectors rebuilt to put out more what thoughts on that because the cost of buying new ones could take up all the project money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 08-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 5,766
Thanks: 79
Thanked 133 Times in 89 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphermike View Post
sorry its taken me so long to get back to you guys yea i was thinking about getting an inter cooler upgrade to but i am working on a budget that kills a lot of things i want to do any other thoughts about all the upgrades i have listed so far and yea part of my fan shroud is busted from belt braking at 80 mph from previous owner and i figure if i can take drag off engine then i can get hp also a lot of car now and days run electric fans maybe i will do more research on that one also just wanted to run this by you guys my buddy says that i can get my stock injectors rebuilt to put out more what thoughts on that because the cost of buying new ones could take up all the project money
You can have your stock injectors modded to 175/stocks for relatively cheap. I'd call Rykan at Holders Diesel.

Also , a ported intake from WPE should be on your short list.

I'd recommend Vision a Diesel (me), KC (Charlie) or Barder (James) for a turbo upgrade. Any of us can set you up with a great turbo.

As for the intercooler, I think you'll be fine. You are going to Max out around 35psi of boost and that well within the limits of the stocker. If you want to upgrade, look at the BulletProof a Diesel kit. It'd be.a great budget friendly answer for you.



Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Pro fuzz, Merc82 and snafu! like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors