billet wheel? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
billet wheel?

i just had my turbo cleaned and a billet wheel put in... and i have to say this is really under rated. i know part of it is the exhaust side getting cleaned but i am pretty confiindent that if you drove the truck even in stock tuning you would be surprised. there is def. less lag and it pulls harder then it did before. i bought my wheel from barder turbo services. like i said for the money there is a def. difference cant wait to tow next week and see how it does. also anyone in the lancaster, pa area i have been taking the truck to h&s repair and performance in manhiem. i had surgery so i have been unable to do some of the stuff i normally would. these guys are great and I am very picky on who works on my truck. just a heads up for those looking for a good shop in the area.
bgraiders323 likes this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2014, 10:02 PM

I found them to be over rated, installed a WW2 in my 03, zero gains and I actually lost time and mph at the track. My turbo was in perfect working condition both before and after, put one on my bosses 05 at the same time and he experienced similar results, ended up going back to the stock wheel since all it seemed to do was make more noise.

Now my 68mm has been a step in the right direction for keeping it cool and having a power difference.

Just my .02 on it, if it works for you that's cool, it's one of the things I regret spending the cash on though.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:50 PM

I can not speak for the ww2 but I have not heard of ppl losing time. It's a lighter wheel that flows more then stock. It will not make you think your in a much faster truck but spool up time is less. Maybe you had a couple bad runs at the track. Everyone talks about billet wheels in the powermax and other like turbos so I have a hard time with it made you slower. I would bet your 68 mm turbo ( that is a big one) has a billet wheel. Again though I'm not saying it gave me 50 hp but I feel helped some
Old 08-01-2014, 11:06 PM

It was an absolute step backwards. Stock wheel picked the time back up lol!

I test every part I install on the track multiple times to collect data before moving on to the next mod, the billet wheel lost on the top end every time, same to the 1/8th but slower from there. 60ft times were also the same.

For the most part everyone uses the ol' butt dyno for these things, I don't function that way lol. I have no issues with people not believing me on my findings, because they are just that, mine. As for it flowing more...I haven't seen a chart on them showing that but based on what I saw I would say it ran out of steam faster. It did do it looking better and sounding mean though lmao!
Old 08-01-2014, 11:09 PM

Hopefully they are different wheels though and you'll see SOMETHING good out of it. The time in my sig was with the stock wheel. Ww2 lost a 10th and 2mph compared to the stocker so while not huge it did piss me off since it bumped me out of the 13's lol!
Old 08-01-2014, 11:23 PM

Well I do have to say this part of it is also the design. I dint know who barder gets his wheels from but they are single plane vs the ww which is not. It's my understanding the biggest difference that is made isn't because it's billet it is the different shape of the wheel. Truthfully it's really not comparable our two wheels because they are pretty different.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:38 PM

Yesir! Completely different then. Only difference with the ww2 compared to the stocker was the blades were a little longer and came out of the inlet of the turbo more. I would've tried the single plane but jumped up instead.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:21 AM

And my next thing is why are both of us up so late haha. If I ever get the chance I will test both wheels but I don't see that happening. I wish there was a track around me that was cheap haha. I almost bought a ww until I really started doing research and was like I'm buying something that is similar in design to stock. The single plane I got had the extended tips as well. I did find this out garret uses mostly cast wheels however some turbos they offer a gtx line with a redesigned billet wheel. And last just to put it out there I did at the same time have my turbo cleaned so I know some of this is also from that.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:44 AM

I have a newborn so sleep isn't an option all the time lol!

I'm interested to see how the single plane performs, the 7.3 ones seem to do well so I'd hope the same applys to the 6.0 turbos.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I tried a WW2 on my powermax. I was skeptical because it was bigger and heavier than the stock wheel. I installed it any way and it was a step backwards. After this I ordered a billet wheel from barder and noticed a small but noticeable improvement over stock and a huge improvement over the WW2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.