Revmax torque converters - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By madpowerstroke

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2014, 03:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Revmax torque converters

Anyone running one in their 6L? My factory one is pretty worn out...stalls around 1400rpms. Really wanna get the RCD/PI one but can't swing it right now. I see revmax has a stage 4 converter for like $600 if I desperately need one. Just not sure how they are if worse comes to worse.

Last edited by strokin6L; 07-31-2014 at 03:36 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2014, 08:01 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have one in my truck, I have a thread called "budget transmission build". So far it has been great, they say holds 750rwhp, and are great to deal with. Their more expensive unit, is in same line as the PI, and all the other big time converters, but of course comes with a price tag, I will like to try later. The sales person for the converter knows his stuff. He told he that the converts like PI and theirs are actually based off a turbo 350 GM converter, I plan on running this one until it gives up, that was part of the test.
The Following User Says Thank You to madpowerstroke For This Useful Post:
strokin6L (07-31-2014)
Old 07-31-2014, 07:44 PM
Premium Member

X's 2 on this. I have one on order to install in a customers truck next Monday. Will advise once done...

Jeremy
Old 08-01-2014, 02:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Adrian...what improvements did you notice with the converter from the stock one? Did the truck shift better, firmer/quicker lockup, accelerate faster? Also did the sales guy explain the difference between the stage 4 and stage 5 converter?

Last edited by strokin6L; 08-01-2014 at 02:44 AM.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
Adrian...what improvements did you notice with the converter from the stock one? Did the truck shift better, firmer/quicker lockup, accelerate faster? Also did the sales guy explain the difference between the stage 4 and stage 5 converter?
Improvement are as all you stated, firmer shifts, quick lock up, and accelerate faster. It also feels like more power is making it to the ground. The revmax phone gives you options, between transmissions, converters and so on, so basically when you pick converter you will be in contact will a sales person that is very well informed on converters. The guy know an extremely amount about converters and everyone else's also. The stage 4 is a stock upgrade to handle more power and towing, It is a billet unit and has upgraded triple clutches. The stage 5 is stronger by far, is larger and as he explains is same as the other like PI, Sun Coast, based off a GM turbo 350 converter. If you have anymore question I would call them, it has been a little while since talking to them, so might have somethings I forgot about.
strokin6L likes this.

Last edited by madpowerstroke; 08-01-2014 at 08:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to madpowerstroke For This Useful Post:
strokin6L (08-02-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.