stock stick finally went bad time to update ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2014, 07:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
stock stick finally went bad time to update ?

Ok guys the stock injectors are finally done at 220,000 miles. I'm thinking of going with Warren injectors rebuild. Just need them really fast army is moving me to alaska in 6 weeks. Now the truck is not studded and has a mtw hybrid turbo will the truck hold 155 stock nozzles or am I looking to blow a head gasket and should just stick with stock ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2014, 07:56 PM
Premium Member

I've been running 155/stock full force inj on stock head bolts w/ PHP 140 tune for over 50,000 so far no issues it's all on how u drive it ! Also running a billet wheeled P Max and I tow 15000 lb toy hualer on his heavy tow tune !
Old 07-24-2014, 07:35 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
IMO if you have 220,000 miles on your injectors and you are starting to have problems... then I would look at getting a new set from Ford and having those built by Warren Diesel. There is only so much you can do with a really old problematic set of injectors because we are not able to replace all the parts like in an actual remanned injector
Pro fuzz and Merc82 like this.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:49 AM
Premium Member

Plus with it being an 03, the plungers were also prone to wear due to carbide vs DLC coating. Get the Motorcraft remans and have them built.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:35 PM

Thanks guys going to go with Warren still deciding on the 155/30's just wondering if the MTW hybrid with 4in exhaust will be able to handle the EGT while pulling 10,000lbs up to Alaska got some big mountains to go over. I know on stock injectors I can do it just fine. But I have always told myself if these went time to improve.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:41 PM
Premium Member

go with 155/stock. They are cheaper and will help control egts better through high efficiency and better atomizaion. The stock nozzles are plenty big enough to dump 155cc of fuel.

I will not venture into the hybrid turbo questions because people have had mixed luck with that version of a turbo. Some loved it and some hated it. It is hard to say what it will do with 155s
Old 07-24-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
Thanks guys going to go with Warren still deciding on the 155/30's just wondering if the MTW hybrid with 4in exhaust will be able to handle the EGT while pulling 10,000lbs up to Alaska got some big mountains to go over. I know on stock injectors I can do it just fine. But I have always told myself if these went time to improve.
Here is my suggestion, get with me so a plan can be made for your time line, while you have truck torn down I can upgrade the turbo for you. I do offer a upgrade for the hybrid to the stage 2, and have gotten great feedback. The upgrade is free, if you are the original buyer, and if not just small cost. You would still have to pay shipping your turbo to me.

As far as injector go, I would contact Warren to see time line for your injectors versus get a set of new to send to him. I also agree not to get bigger nozzles on the 155, the price would be much lower and would work really well.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:11 PM

Mad I will give you a call later. I am very pleased with the Hybrid. Guess i'll go with the 155/stock injectors thanks guys.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:00 PM

peixinho what parts are not replaceable I am interested in doing/modding my injectors can you or some one point me toward info on the injectors and how to rebuild ? I am a machinist and can make any part and have a great tool guy that will coat anything in anything . A print or a 3d model would be awesome .
Old 07-24-2014, 03:08 PM
Premium Member

It is not the fact that they are "not replaceable". It is the price and availability of parts. So when you send off "your injectors" to get rebuilt. The injector builder will do his best to work with what you have. For the price you pay for an injector builders standard rebuild... you will not get back all new parts. You will get back your same injectors with any majorly damaged parts replaced. But they don't/cant replace every slightly worn part. This usually gets you a 6 month warranty and some people have had the injectors start to have problems again after a year or so.

With a Ford Reman (not alliant) you will get back an injector that has "mostly" new parts and it comes with a 2 year warranty. I have never met anyone that had issues with getting Ford Remans rebuilt by an injector builder.

Here is a general rule of thumb that I tell my customers:

If you have no problems then get a standard rebuild
If you have slight stiction then get new upgraded solenoids
If you have bad/dead injectors then get new remans
bgraiders323 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.