another sct question???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 501
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
another sct question????

i am in the market for a tuner, and from the research ive done it looks like the sct x3 is what i want, my question is.. can i just get one with the basic tunes and hook-up to my truck?? or is there something else needed to make it work?? do i have to have it tuned by someone??not really a hot-rodder, just want a good tuner with some good performance when i need it, and i pull a 26 ft fifth wheel camper from time to time....thanks for any input....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 01-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,361
Thanks: 23
Thanked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
you could just get a basic tuner but why would you want too? its not that much more to go with a unit with custom tunes..

you wont get anything better than a SCT with custom tunes... this is exactly what you need: SCT X3 Custom Innovative Diesel Tunning

but i dont see your signature filled out... are you running any gauges? you def have to run gauges with any tuner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 01-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bear Creek,NC
Posts: 929
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to pistolpete837
Raul is right on the money. your truck will run better and srtonger with the custom tunes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 01-21-2009, 07:23 PM
The Lady Mod


 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,512
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
you could just get a basic tuner but why would you want too? its not that much more to go with a unit with custom tunes..

you wont get anything better than a SCT with custom tunes... this is exactly what you need: SCT X3 Custom Innovative Diesel Tunning

but i dont see your signature filled out... are you running any gauges? you def have to run gauges with any tuner
What he said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 01-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 501
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ok.. i know this is prolly gonna be a dumb question , but i am new to all this, when you hear people getting the stategy off there truck, what does that mean exactly???

and also i am looking at some sct x3 tuners. i am aware that if the x3 was nade before july 25th, 08 that the basic tunes were preloaded, and after that date they were not, you had to get the sf3 to get the preloaded tunes, my question is if i bought a x3 that was made after the july 25th, what would i ahve to do to get the basic preloaded tunes?? sorry for prolly sounding like a idiot!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 01-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,361
Thanks: 23
Thanked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp800 View Post
ok.. i know this is prolly gonna be a dumb question , but i am new to all this, when you hear people getting the stategy off there truck, what does that mean exactly???

and also i am looking at some sct x3 tuners. i am aware that if the x3 was nade before july 25th, 08 that the basic tunes were preloaded, and after that date they were not, you had to get the sf3 to get the preloaded tunes, my question is if i bought a x3 that was made after the july 25th, what would i ahve to do to get the basic preloaded tunes?? sorry for prolly sounding like a idiot!!
it means plugging it into your OBD 2 port and grabing your PCM code (basically)

why would you want the generic tunes? trust me and everyone else on this site.. go with custom tunes.. you will be far happier...

-Raul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 01-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 501
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how would i go about getting custom tunes, if there isnt a tuner in my area???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 01-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,361
Thanks: 23
Thanked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp800 View Post
how would i go about getting custom tunes, if there isnt a tuner in my area???
all custom tuning gets emailed to you....

lets say you buy the X 3 with me with custom tunes.. after you get the strategy and email it we email you your tunes that work on your truck and you load them o the X3 via a USB cable...

its easy

-Raul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors