Best Intake? Any oppinion? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Best Intake? Any oppinion?

I recently bought an 07 F250 SRW and have gauges, Outlook/Triple Dog, 4' turbo back not cat/muff. And I really cant decide on 1 intake! I would really appreciate all of your inputs. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYNAMiTE View Post
I recently bought an 07 F250 SRW and have gauges, Outlook/Triple Dog, 4' turbo back not cat/muff. And I really cant decide on 1 intake! I would really appreciate all of your inputs. Thanks in advance.

You don't need an intake when all your running is a programmer. The only benefit that you will get from an intake flowing more air is going to be at high rpms that more then likely you won't see under normal driving experiance(even hotrodding it on the street every now and then). Until you start messing with more mods then just a programmer leave the stock intake alone.

FWIW, speaking as a formal bullydog user(exact same setup as yours), get custom tunes. It'll be better for your truck then bullydog.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:47 PM

ill be the first one of many on this thread to say, lose the bullydog and invest in a custom tuned SCT!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by deviusdragger View Post
ill be the first one of many on this thread to say, lose the bullydog and invest in a custom tuned SCT!
what Javi said....

and ill add that your stock intake will flow more than enough air for what you have... but if you had to get one i would highly recommend a S&B S&B 6.0L Intake

let me know when your ready to step up to custom tunes...
Old 01-21-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Your second actually. I just skipped SCT because once what I'm testing is mass produced it will give SCT a run for it's money(except for those hard-core SCT fans that just steadfastly refuse to try something else).
Old 01-21-2009, 07:29 PM

well once Spartan makes the cables available then well have to see how they hold up. I'd like to give something like that a try to.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
well once Spartan makes the cables available then well have to see how they hold up. I'd like to give something like that a try to.
It's not spartan holding up the cables, it's drewtech. I have their test cable that they made and it's significantly more complicated piece of hardware versus the cable on the SCT. Matt lucked out with the 6.4, not so much with the 6.0 on getting this stuff to work right off the bat.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:15 PM

so your using a dashdaq?
Old 01-21-2009, 08:46 PM

Thanks for all the input, but I will buy an intake and I have been looking at custom tunes. I have a friend that wants this bully dog, so I will be needing an alternative very soon like this week! I havent read much on the SCT so dont know much about them or the tuning capabilities(have to be better than this tri dog). Someone that knows a little if you could give me some info it would be greatly appreciated. I would only want an economical tune a performance tune you could say, and a rather extreme tune for the anger management drives. Thanks again
Old 01-21-2009, 10:57 PM

trust bud save your 300 or 400 bucks from that intake and invest it into an egr delete and a sct tuner or if its ever released the new spartan 6.0 tuner. the only way to go, unless then you start pushing 600 horses then buy one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.