Another SCT ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Texas
Posts: 98
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another SCT ?

Hey guys,
I have MBRP 4" w/no Cat. Didnt change the down pipe. Will i be ok running the SCT on my truck with out changing the pipe from the turbo to where the cat was. I'm looking at the edge insight for gauges (looks cleaner IMO) And the SCT x2 or x3 not sure.


Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 01-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,355
Thanks: 23
Thanked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottylov View Post
Hey guys,
I have MBRP 4" w/no Cat. Didnt change the down pipe. Will i be ok running the SCT on my truck with out changing the pipe from the turbo to where the cat was. I'm looking at the edge insight for gauges (looks cleaner IMO) And the SCT x2 or x3 not sure.


Thanks
yes you will be fine....

make sure you get the EGT probe with the insight....

not sure if you have got some prices yet but i can get you a great deal on a SCT with innovative tunes and a Insight combo....

let me know

-Raul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 01-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Texas
Posts: 98
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks, thats good to know, I have got some pricing,, I thought I would got the insight first, learn it at normel settings, then add the SCT.

b/w, witch one should i get xc2 or x3?


Thanks for the reply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 01-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,355
Thanks: 23
Thanked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottylov View Post
Thanks, thats good to know, I have got some pricing,, I thought I would got the insight first, learn it at normel settings, then add the SCT.

b/w, witch one should i get xc2 or x3?


Thanks for the reply
well they dont sell the X2 anymore.. it was replaced by the Xcal 3 i think lat 07 or early 08.. then the Xcal 3 was replaced by the regular X3

so i would just go with the X3 with custom tunes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 01-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Texas
Posts: 98
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My local speed shop told me they will sell me a xcal2, and they heard that there was problems with the x3. Thats the first i've heard, or .... what i've read. What i understand that the x3 is the best tuner for the 6.0 PSD. And I look at this way.... Do it right the first time b/c I hate doing the some thing the second time.. know what i mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 01-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,355
Thanks: 23
Thanked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottylov View Post
My local speed shop told me they will sell me a xcal2, and they heard that there was problems with the x3. Thats the first i've heard, or .... what i've read. What i understand that the x3 is the best tuner for the 6.0 PSD. And I look at this way.... Do it right the first time b/c I hate doing the some thing the second time.. know what i mean.
then its prob a used unit or very old... if they told you their was a problem with the X 3 then their smoking something.... i have never heard of any problem with the X3's

i sell a lot of them and noone has ever reported anything wrong....

i would find a diff place to take my truck if thats what that shop is saying...

-Raul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 01-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Texas
Posts: 98
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
then its prob a used unit or very old... if they told you their was a problem with the X 3 then their smoking something.... i have never heard of any problem with the X3's

i sell a lot of them and noone has ever reported anything wrong....

i would find a diff place to take my truck if thats what that shop is saying...

-Raul
Smoking something this is right!!!!!!! They also want $300 to install the insight, ya, I wont be using them even if they are 2 mile from the house. I'm shopping now but will by after i get the tax return

thanks raul@stealth i'll look you up about that combo, it may be litl bit longer,,, still doing my home work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 01-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,355
Thanks: 23
Thanked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottylov View Post
Smoking something this is right!!!!!!! They also want $300 to install the insight, ya, I wont be using them even if they are 2 mile from the house. I'm shopping now but will by after i get the tax return

thanks raul@stealth i'll look you up about that combo, it may be litl bit longer,,, still doing my home work.
wow 300 bucks to install the insight... but it just plugs into your OB2 2 port lol... egt probe is drilled and tapped in 10 min

yah.. i would def go somewhere else...

let me know when your ready and ill hook you up

-Raul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 01-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Texas
Posts: 98
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thanks,, I will
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors