Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

fuel pump options

713 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Merc82 
#1 ·
Does anyone on here know if there is a higher volume/pressure fuel pump that fits the horizontal frame mount the factory pump bolts into?

On my first 6.0 my mechanic replaced the pump with a higher performance pump than the factory pump, but the dealership he got the part number from has since went out of business. When we called around to different dealerships they only have an updated style factory pump, but do not know of any stock replacement style performance pumps. is there anything available or do I have to go with the airdog 2? I would prefer having the airdog 150 inline with the factory setup eventually if there is a factory replacement that is rated for higher performance.

#2 ·
The stock unit works just fine if you have stock injectors. I do not recommend an airdog 2 at all.

Reactions: JGman141
#3 ·
I'm planning on upgrading to 175cc injectors, guess I should have mentioned that. Just saw the tread on adding a 6.4 pump inline. I think I will probably just do that.

#4 ·
Should be perfect for you. Just did that to mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.