SCT help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
SCT help

I got my tunes from Eric and now I cant seem to get them on the SCT tuner. Ive tried dowloading all this stuff from sct and nothing works. Eric and SCT are unavailble. does anyone what to help? am I doing something wrong? I mean $500 for a tuner and a custom tune and Cant get it to work.... that sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2009, 01:38 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to troid123
Where are you having the problem? Have you read the directions?
Old 01-10-2009, 01:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to jhaddox
you have to download the liveload software...heres the link for ithttp://sctflash.com/software/LWdrivers.zip

dont plug your sct in before you install this...then plug your sct in with the plug on the bottom of the tuner...the tuner end is the same as most printer cables. then open the liveload software...save the tune on your desktop...click on liveload tunes...i new box will come up. click browse and find your tune click it. then in the box next to the browse button you clicked type in what you want the tuner to call the file (xtreme street, xtreme race. etc.)...close the software. unplug your tuner...and hold on
Old 01-10-2009, 01:51 PM

ok, i was installing a bunch of stuff from sct, I know that mine is up-to date.... ill try it again... just everytime I tried to open what I downloaded it was not there..
thanks
Old 01-10-2009, 01:59 PM

same thing... might be because its a zip? maybe I have to buy that? I have no clue..... im going shooting tomorrow i hope the I dont see the programmer or its gone!
Old 01-10-2009, 02:29 PM

I tried to re download everything, the Drivers, the X3W Updater, and the x3/livewire Updater 2.0.0 and still nothing... i miss my bully dog that was just plug it in and go
o well.....
Old 01-10-2009, 02:52 PM

YOU HAVE TO UNZIP THE FILES AND INSTALL THEM! I am guessing you must be a little computer illliterate?
Old 01-10-2009, 03:00 PM

well, i must be! Nothing is working. Its going on ebay tomorrow. I was looking to the forum for some help, nothing..
Old 01-10-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwareagle View Post
well, i must be! Nothing is working. Its going on ebay tomorrow. I was looking to the forum for some help, nothing..
If I could log into your computer I could do it for you but I cant! Please just wait for Eric to walk you through the process, you will not be sorry. The SCT blows the bully dog out of the water. I promise!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:09 PM

These are the very best directions I can give you. Vivian w/ DJ's emailed them to me when I bought my tuner. If you follow these direction's step by step you should be able to get it going. Let me know!

Go to SCT Automotive Performance Products

Choose the Tech Support tab

Choose Get Updates

On the drop-down list click on Select the SCT Device and Choose X3 Ford – P/N 3000

On the second drop-down list click on Select the Software Type. It will list 4 files download all four files, one at a time.

Device Firmware – Choose Save

Device Update Software – Choose Run and go through the Wizard

If it tells you the publisher cannot be verified, choose Run anyway.

Device Tune Revision – Choose Save

Windows Device Drivers – Choose Save

After you download the three files you will notice an Icon on your desktop that reads, Livewire Updater. Click to open Livewire Updater and connect the X3 to the computer.

The message “Found New Hardware” will pop up on your screen requiring you go through the Wizard. Do Next until you click on Finish.

The instructions below are for updating your firmware. You will not need to do this at this time since the boxes already have the latest firmware installed.

Hold down the Cancel button on the X3 and connect the X3 through the usb cable, to the computer. Release the Cancel button.

At this point you will see a pop up that your computer that reads ‘Found New Hardware’. You will need to go through the Wizard again. Do Next until you click on Finish.

Click on Update Firmware.

This will open a File Box. Click twice on the file that is on your Desktop that ends with .LWU.

This will start a series of bars across the Livewire Updater.

When the bars disappear and the firmware has been updated you are ready to download tunes.

Disconnect the X3 from the computer and close Livewire Updater.

When you receive the email with your tunes, save each file to a location that you will remember later.

Connect the X3 to the computer again (Do not press and hold the Cancel button, just connect it)

Open Livewire Updater

Click on Liveload Tunes

Go to the drop-down list on the top. Find the first file and open it. Click on the little circle on the left and where it says File #1, write the type of file it is. Click on Program. Repeat for the other two files.

This is the users manual for the X3 http://www.sctflash.com/PDF/X3rev1.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.