All sct fs3 the same? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
All sct fs3 the same?

Are all SCT FS3 or whatever the number is the same? You buy one and then pay to have the programs? Do you have to clear the old stuff off of it before you buy the tunes?

Does the canned tunes tune the tranny or is that only on the bought tunes? I have been offered a working unlocked SCT sf3 that was used on a mustang for 100 dollars.

If this is correct i may finally get some tunes and retire the bulldog to the kennel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2009, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mins View Post
Are all SCT FS3 or whatever the number is the same? You buy one and then pay to have the programs?
Not all are the same. Some come pre-loaded with tunes and some come blank. If it comes pre-loaded with tunes then you have to download a file that is on SCT's website that converts it so it can handle custom tunes. Now I don't know if this applies to you or not if you bought used. I would ask the person that you bought it from if he had custom tunes on there or if he just bought it with tunes already on there.

Quote:
Do you have to clear the old stuff off of it before you buy the tunes?
Oh yea, if it has tunes that were designed for a mustang and your wanting to put it on a truck, I would definately delete those tunes. Even if you did have a mustang I would delete those tunes even if they were custom tunes, because even those might not "fit" your specific needs.

Quote:
Does the canned tunes tune the tranny or is that only on the bought tunes?
I would say that they both would, although I don't know from experiance, I have always bought the blank SCT and had custom tunes done. However, like I said, with pre-loaded tunes your still getting that one-size fits all tuning and it pales in comparision to custom tuning.

Quote:
If this is correct i may finally get some tunes and retire the bulldog to the kennel.
I would do that.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:24 AM

Thanks!! 100 bucks plus tunes is still going to be cheaper than 500 new with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.