Gettin my Head Studs - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 445
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gettin my Head Studs







Its getting done under warranty with 300 miles left on my 100,000 mile warranty Have an Awesome Diesel Tech. Very friendly

Last edited by Adamvabeach; 01-09-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 01-09-2009, 05:04 PM
My 6OH Hates Me


 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Nexus of the Universe
Posts: 24,702
Thanks: 8
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
congrats...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 01-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ft Lauderdale,FL
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to expertrider
Just had mine done too......its a good feeling.....
Now go have fun with your eXtreme tune!!!!!
Have fun!!!

Last edited by expertrider; 01-09-2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Oooops!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 01-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,151
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good for you bud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 01-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,556
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It's a great feeling. It's nice to rip on the truck and feel safe about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 01-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Serving Our Country!
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Adel Ga.
Posts: 242
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to big25country
Question about this. Is this a recall? Is what their replacing them with as good as ARP or should you bring ARP studs to the shop with you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 01-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Round Rock, Tx
Posts: 2,800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by big25country View Post
Question about this. Is this a recall? Is what their replacing them with as good as ARP or should you bring ARP studs to the shop with you?
no, not a recall. the head bolts that are stock can stretch under heavy pressure/load, and thus u can end up blowing headgaskets The ARP headstuds do not allow the stretching to occur and thus more or less eliminating the problem. especially if you also get rid of the EGR Cooler at the same time. If you have your truck in shop for a headgasket problem and they are pulling the heads anyways, you can ask them if you supply the studs will they install them instead of another set of stock head bolts.
Plus, this is mainly a 6.0 problem. Your 7.3 should not have near the issues, although it would not hurt to stud the 7.3 either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 01-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Serving Our Country!
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Adel Ga.
Posts: 242
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to big25country
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledrop View Post
no, not a recall. the head bolts that are stock can stretch under heavy pressure/load, and thus u can end up blowing headgaskets The ARP headstuds do not allow the stretching to occur and thus more or less eliminating the problem. especially if you also get rid of the EGR Cooler at the same time. If you have your truck in shop for a headgasket problem and they are pulling the heads anyways, you can ask them if you supply the studs will they install them instead of another set of stock head bolts.
Plus, this is mainly a 6.0 problem. Your 7.3 should not have near the issues, although it would not hurt to stud the 7.3 either.
Roger that, I'm toying with the idea of going to a 6.0 and wanted to know this info. So the head gasket was is under warrenty? So I would have to suppy the head studs, ARP's, shoot those are expensive! I would tune the truck if I got it and if this is a problem with ALL 6.0's then that really makes me not want to get one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 01-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Round Rock, Tx
Posts: 2,800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by big25country View Post
Roger that, I'm toying with the idea of going to a 6.0 and wanted to know this info. So the head gasket was is under warrenty? So I would have to suppy the head studs, ARP's, shoot those are expensive! I would tune the truck if I got it and if this is a problem with ALL 6.0's then that really makes me not want to get one.
some people have never had issues. I am in the middle of them now, going through coolant like crazy, hopefully dropping truck off Mon. They gaskets are under warranty up to 100k miles. These and the EGR issues are the reason for the 100k engine warranty from the factory. you can find a good deal on studs, Around $375 is cheapest I have seen new. PM me and can tell you where, they are not a sponsor so cannot post link, etc.

Last edited by doubledrop; 01-09-2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: updated price to 375 had typod 275
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors