What to do next..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 07:51 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to IH06Pwrstrke
What to do next.....

I'm looking to do some more upgrading to my truck. I already have intake/exhaust/tuned.....What is next in line? I have been looking at an intake elbow's....any other suggestions???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

depends on what your looking for. i would sell your sniper and buy a sct. you can do that elbow but i doubt you will feel much. are you just looking for some bolt on parts.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:18 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
+1 for SCT, and ARP's because the factory bolts just wont cut it.. A EGR delete is also a good idea. Next would be a fuel upgrade, injectors and a turbo.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:21 PM

well im happy with the sniper and the guy i live with is a dealer/tuner and has made my truck run pretty good so i'll stick with sniper....as far as the parts, yes just some little bolt on do-dads.....I have looked at the banks intercooler/piping/elbow kit and also accufabs largemouth elbow and 3 1/2" pipe kit.....just looking for a little more power
Old 01-07-2009, 08:24 PM

I'm curious as to what is involved in the egr delete and what you gain from it...
Old 01-07-2009, 08:32 PM

the egr recirculates exhaust gas through the motor. this keeps all of the soot from reentering your engine and gunking everything up. most of the problems with 6.0's are with the egr system. that and head gaskets which is why the arp studs were mentioned earlier. when you delete your whole egr system your coolant temps will lower 20-30 degrees. i would at least get a sneaky pipe from elite diesel especially if your going to keep your tuner. its a new up pipe with a block off in it. i think its less than $200.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:40 PM

Ive heard all about the head studs and you cant throw any more boost to it unless you do the studs which I am not ready to pull the cab off to do this.....when I do the studs, the turbo is gonna get upgraded too and that isnt in the budget just yet......I am aware the egr recirculates the exhaust gas from knowledge of gas engines....the whole diesel thing is new to me and I am trying to learn how to work on them.....How long does it take to perform this delete? And also I can see it keeping down on soot from it not recirculating but if you start rolling smoke, that'll create soot buildup on the hot side of the turbo correct? Mine has the +75 tune on it and doesnt smoke unless you really get a load on it at WOT
Old 01-07-2009, 08:55 PM

well headstuds are a good idea whether your tuned or not. as for the egr delete it depends on which one you want. im deleting my whole egr which is getting done at the same time as my studs, injectors, and fuel system with the cab off. its not easy. the sneaky pipe is easier if you have the proper tools. you just have to be able to take off your up pipe and put a new one on. as for soot buildup on the hot side of the turbo i would have to say it burns it off.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:01 PM

I went and checked out Elite....they have some good stuff from the looks of things....I saw the "sneaky pipe" for $165 and I'm taking it that its if you want to make it look unmodified incase you take it in for service....I'm not concerned with that. I also see they have a up pipe with egr delete which totally eliminates it instead of blocking it off for $220.....I'll look into it....Where is this pipe located underhood so I can check it out and see how it will be to replace?
Old 01-07-2009, 09:02 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
My biggest concern right now would be for your tranny with the sniper tuning. I have never used the sniper but from what I hear it does not tune your tranny the same way the SCT does. That is just a thought. I have run other tuners prior to the SCT and would never run anything else at this point. It has been proven to be the best tuner for the 6.0L motor and tranny. Another eazy mod you can do is the zoodad mod. It helps to get a litte more air in. Good luck with your project. Please feel free to ask all the questions you need and welcome to the Org!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.