How do these readings look? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

User Tag List

 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lilpooh
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-04-2014, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
"DILLIGAF"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Central NY
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How do these readings look?

I'm still learning here and could use some advice on the display readings of my tuner. could you all give me an idea if all is well here, was driving for 15 min. with the cruse on and decided to take a photo of the livewire display.
Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	display readings.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	295290  

2004 F250 4x4 CCSB
SCT Livewire tunes from MPT
Studded
head gaskets
EGR Delete
4" exhaust
Coolant filter
New Turbo
Magnaflow muffler
"DILLIGAF" is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 06-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Powerstroke Techie

 
Lilpooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sassamansville, Pa
Posts: 9,787
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 95
Thanked 193 Times in 155 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
10* delta isn't that bad, just keep an eye on it. Your ICP is reading ICPv, you can check the health of HPOP system with a WOT run, your ICPv should hit about 4.6v to 4.8v, which translate to about 4000psi.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2004 F350 CC DRW King Ranch
X-3 tunes by DJ'S,QT,GH,ID. Gryphon FICM tunes, ARP studs,Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,AD2,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,4" turbo back straight pipe,S&Bintake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB
Lilpooh is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 06-04-2014, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
"DILLIGAF"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Central NY
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok I will have to find the abbreviation sheet for what you just posted. the PO replaced the oil cooler for the second time back in October. I defiantly don't trust the slime they call coolant in these things. they flushed and repeated several times.

BTW Nice Avatar.. Those your sisters? just kidding.. Thanks and any advice is welcome!

2004 F250 4x4 CCSB
SCT Livewire tunes from MPT
Studded
head gaskets
EGR Delete
4" exhaust
Coolant filter
New Turbo
Magnaflow muffler
"DILLIGAF" is offline  
post #4 of 9 Old 06-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Powerstroke Techie

 
Lilpooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sassamansville, Pa
Posts: 9,787
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 95
Thanked 193 Times in 155 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ICP is injection control pressure which is read by the ICP sensor. The ICP sensor uses a 5v Ref wire (5v positive power wire). The sensor reads high pressure oil (0-4000psi) and translates the psi to volts (0v-4.8 range). The more the pressure increases, the more the volts go up.

You can use that reading to determine the health of the HPOP system (High Pressure Oil Pump, standpipes, STC fitting, and Dummy plugs). If you have a small leak in the HPOP system or a weak HPOP, it will show up in a WOT (wide open throttle) run. The ICP sensor reads the pressure thru volts, if the HPOP has issues, the pressure will not be able to reach about 4.8v or 4000psi at WOT.

Some custom tune writers will fool the ICP pressure in the PCM to squeeze out more power. The tune will make it look like you have a weak HPOP by only displaying about 1500psi, so if you test the WOT run when tuned and only see 1500psi instead of 4000psi, you will need to do the test with the stock tune.

LOL, I use to be able to change my avatar thru my phone, but Autoguide app screwed that up right after Christmas!!


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
WLDHRSE likes this.

2004 F350 CC DRW King Ranch
X-3 tunes by DJ'S,QT,GH,ID. Gryphon FICM tunes, ARP studs,Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,AD2,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,4" turbo back straight pipe,S&Bintake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB
Lilpooh is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 06-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
seanol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
ICP is injection control pressure which is read by the ICP sensor. The ICP sensor uses a 5v Ref wire (5v positive power wire). The sensor reads high pressure oil (0-4000psi) and translates the psi to volts (0v-4.8 range). The more the pressure increases, the more the volts go up.

You can use that reading to determine the health of the HPOP system (High Pressure Oil Pump, standpipes, STC fitting, and Dummy plugs). If you have a small leak in the HPOP system or a weak HPOP, it will show up in a WOT (wide open throttle) run. The ICP sensor reads the pressure thru volts, if the HPOP has issues, the pressure will not be able to reach about 4.8v or 4000psi at WOT.

Some custom tune writers will fool the ICP pressure in the PCM to squeeze out more power. The tune will make it look like you have a weak HPOP by only displaying about 1500psi, so if you test the WOT run when tuned and only see 1500psi instead of 4000psi, you will need to do the test with the stock tune.

LOL, I use to be able to change my avatar thru my phone, but Autoguide app screwed that up right after Christmas!!


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Lilpooh,

Could the earlier ICP sensors read differently? My early 04 ICPv only hits 4.5 and it will stay there through a full throttle run. I am reading it using the Torque app so I am not sure if there is a way of displaying higher; if there is, I havent found it as I have tried every setting they have.

Sorry for the derail,
Sean
seanol is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 06-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Powerstroke Techie

 
Lilpooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sassamansville, Pa
Posts: 9,787
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 95
Thanked 193 Times in 155 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanol View Post
Lilpooh,



Could the earlier ICP sensors read differently? My early 04 ICPv only hits 4.5 and it will stay there through a full throttle run. I am reading it using the Torque app so I am not sure if there is a way of displaying higher; if there is, I havent found it as I have tried every setting they have.



Sorry for the derail,

Sean

I also have the early 04. Max volt reading of the ICP is 4.8v. Your displaying 4.5v isn't bad, might be the Torque app only reading to 4.5v or not enough load on the motor (like towing).

It's when you start maxing out to about 4.0v or less and truck feels slower that I would start looking for issues with sensors or HPOP system.

Here is one of my runs hitting 4.7v.




Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2004 F350 CC DRW King Ranch
X-3 tunes by DJ'S,QT,GH,ID. Gryphon FICM tunes, ARP studs,Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,AD2,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,4" turbo back straight pipe,S&Bintake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB
Lilpooh is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 06-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
seanol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
I also have the early 04. Max volt reading of the ICP is 4.8v. Your displaying 4.5v isn't bad, might be the Torque app only reading to 4.5v or not enough load on the motor (like towing).

It's when you start maxing out to about 4.0v or less and truck feels slower that I would start looking for issues with sensors or HPOP system.

Here is one of my runs hitting 4.7v.




Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Thanks!

I should have enough load as I am running 38" tires on 3.73 gearing. Under full throttle I will hit 4.5 and hold that until I let off. Sounds like I don't have an issue yet.

Appreciate the feedback,
Sean
seanol is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 06-05-2014, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
"DILLIGAF"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Central NY
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok I'm going to reload the stock tune and do the diagnostic tests that the tuner has, zero to 60. and a few others.. and also check out the ICP readings,

How long do you hold wot to conclude the test?

2004 F250 4x4 CCSB
SCT Livewire tunes from MPT
Studded
head gaskets
EGR Delete
4" exhaust
Coolant filter
New Turbo
Magnaflow muffler
"DILLIGAF" is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 06-07-2014, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
"DILLIGAF"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Central NY
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Programed the economy/performance tune and the Delta dropped to 6 deg. under normal 55-60 mph.

2004 F250 4x4 CCSB
SCT Livewire tunes from MPT
Studded
head gaskets
EGR Delete
4" exhaust
Coolant filter
New Turbo
Magnaflow muffler
"DILLIGAF" is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome