Who's custom tune with Hercules 100 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2014, 06:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Who's custom tune with Hercules 100

Hey guy's. I put in the hercules ficm 2 months ago and wow what a difference. I've seen custom tunes for the Atlas 40 & 80 but is there a tune for the hercules 100. Truck has 4" Turbo Back Exhaust, Egr delete, Arp head studs, stock injectors, stock turbo and SCT Tuner .07 crew cab. I don't tow just look for power. 6" lift on 37s. Any advice will be appreciated
Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2014, 08:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

In for info. I am thinking of going with a ficm tune soon also.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:23 PM
Real Men of Genius

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Most tuners don't like the Hercules 100 FICM tune, because your truck will run hot. If you don't mind the extra heat, then by all means - run the Hercules 100 with whatever tune you want. I'm running the Herc 100 with Matt's SRL Extreme tune, however my truck is a ZF6 (manual transmission) so I can manage my EGTs easier than 5R fellas can. For optimum performance regarding PHP's FICM tuning, get in touch with Jay or Bill at PHP - they can set you straight and give you the best advice.

In my opinion, you'll probably get the best of both worlds with "downgrading" to the Atlas 40 or 80, and then going with your big performance tune of choice. I've heard amazing things about the PHP 140X tune, but I'm not sure which FICM tune they recommend with it. Since you don't tow, you could potentially run a hotter combo with ECM/FICM tuning.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks. I will definitely get in touch with php.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Real Men of Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by still-strokin View Post
Thanks. I will definitely get in touch with php.
One thing that I didn't know, until now, is that PHP offers custom FICM tuning for aftermarket injectors. After talking with Jay on the phone, I'm under the impression that they don't necessarily recommend one of their "generic" FICM tunes for someone who has aftermarket injectors.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Diesel View Post
One thing that I didn't know, until now, is that PHP offers custom FICM tuning for aftermarket injectors. After talking with Jay on the phone, I'm under the impression that they don't necessarily recommend one of their "generic" FICM tunes for someone who has aftermarket injectors.

I didn't know this either... Would have been nice to know before I bought one of their generic tunes...(atlas40)

I am starting to really think that the generic atlas 40 is not liking my 175/30's and putting out more smoke then needed and runs a bit hot.

Would be nice to get a revised ficm tune because I feel like I paid for a ficm tune and wasn't really given the best for what's out there for larger injectors..

Old 06-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Real Men of Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post
I didn't know this either... Would have been nice to know before I bought one of their generic tunes...(atlas40)

I am starting to really think that the generic atlas 40 is not liking my 175/30's and putting out more smoke then needed and runs a bit hot.

Would be nice to get a revised ficm tune because I feel like I paid for a ficm tune and wasn't really given the best for what's out there for larger injectors..
I know what you mean, give Jay a shout and see what he says. I didn't know that he and Bill could make custom FICM tunes until the other day. I'm gonna try to meet up with them this weekend and redo mine.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Yeah I'll have to do that. I found out about it when vision diesel had their opening that Matt went to.

But bill and Tony were so darn busy with custom tuning that I didn't even get to see Bill, nevertheless get the chance to talk to him about my FICM tune.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.